Supra Forums banner

121 - 140 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
The problem is you have to realize 75% of the population are mouth breathers that don't know anything about anything. I live in a mouth breather town...I go to pickup mulch in my truck, guy working there asks me if I roll coal.

Luckily my cars are always in the garage never done and I have to deal with local yokals asking me if my dodge rolls coal. I mean...motherfucker that shit doesn't make power thats just like having strobes on your car...thats what I'm thinking in my head...in reality I just say "yes it does roll coal" so it satisfies the piece of cat terd brain in his degenerate skull so I can move forward with my day.
haha qft!

Reactions: 95MKIVTT

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts
The problem is you have to realize 75% of the population are mouth breathers that don't know anything about anything. I live in a mouth breather town...I go to pickup mulch in my truck, guy working there asks me if I roll coal.

Luckily my cars are always in the garage never done and I have to deal with local yokals asking me if my dodge rolls coal. I mean...motherfucker that shit doesn't make power thats just like having strobes on your car...thats what I'm thinking in my head...in reality I just say "yes it does roll coal" so it satisfies the piece of cat terd brain in his degenerate skull so I can move forward with my day.
Best quote I've heard in a while!!! SOOO true!

·
The Great Beast 666
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
ok this needs a bump since I got instagram and started (big mistake) looking at the comments on Supra pictures there

"$100,000 man thats a rip off, I can get one for $ .20 cents on ebay or my friend got one for that much, a Toyota should not cost that much becasue well its a Toyota. "

"man you own an automatic??!wow you are slow and not a man!!! "

"you cant afford a new "Supra" thats why you own a MKIV. "

"why dont you trade it for a NSX or an RX7? They are better handlers and not as overrated"

"you are stock ha ha lame "( even when they can clearly see my Greddy intercooler and exhaust as two of the most evident things to show I am not.

Reactions: FasTTurbo

·
Administrator
9,141 Posts
Yeah stay away from social media, it's a shit show.
It's the worst side of humanity. A portal into the black hole of despair one might say.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I constantly get....

"Have you seen the new Supra?"
"Does it have a 2JZ?"
"Does it have a 1000 horsepower?"
"We used to pay $6,000 (or some variation) for those cars back in the day"

80% of the time its one of those 4 responses.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I constantly get....

"Have you seen the new Supra?"
"Does it have a 2JZ?"
"Does it have a 1000 horsepower?"
"We used to pay $6,000 (or some variation) for those cars back in the day"

80% of the time its one of those 4 responses.
First three for me, followed by:

"Oh it's an auto..."
"I have a friend who made 1000hp with his old supra" (had this a few times already. One was bpu and the other one NA)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

·
500hp+
511 Posts
Best one I have heard about my car at a cars and coffee meet last weekend.

Hipster kid maybe 18-23 years of age probably still living at home with parents wearing pajama pants. The kid walks up to the car and looks in and notices it’s an automatic. Turns to his friend and says “ it’s an automatic, this car is completely worthless” while throwing his hands in the air.

·
Registered
1987 MA71 R154 Pearl White, Blue Velour
537 Posts
While picking up parts at my local Toyota dealer, i was in my 87T. The flashy "you knowww what I mean boiiiiiiiiii" salesman was running around, saw my car, and announced loud enough that his current customer could hear with a big smile on his face; "Wow an "old" Supra". I just sold the 2020, sorry (or something like that).

Without missing a beat, as I kept walking though the showroom, I replied to him and said so his customer could hear me: " That's not a Supra, its a BMW, and I already have 2 of them at home!" :ROFLMAO:

.....and he suddenly acted like I wasn't there! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
The Great Beast 666
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
While picking up parts at my local Toyota dealer, i was in my 87T. The flashy "you knowww what I mean boiiiiiiiiii" salesman was running around, saw my car, and announced loud enough that his current customer could hear with a big smile on his face; "Wow an "old" Supra". I just sold the 2020, sorry (or something like that).

Without missing a beat, as I kept walking though the showroom, I replied to him and said so his customer could hear me: " That's not a Supra, its a BMW, and I already have 2 of them at home!" :ROFLMAO:

.....and he suddenly acted like I wasn't there! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh you will LOOOOVE what happend to me then:

last year I took my Prius to get serviced at Van Nuys Toyota, this was when the Zupra just came out and they had a white one on display. I was going to ask the manager if I could have mine displayed there. Before that I took a look over at the Zupra and was silently vomiting at the sight of the fake vents. When all of a sudden this guy comes up to me out of nowhere like the butler in Mr. Deeds and it went down like this:

Him: hello can I help you?

me(silently alarmed but seeing his in training badge which made me say , oh hell no): maybe, I have the previous version of the Supra, and I am considering this,but I really need to sit in it to really make a determination. Also I am wondering if mine could possibly be displayed along side it.

him: unfortnatly you would have to pay a $50,000 deposit to sit in it because it is an $80,000 car. As for displaying it let me ask my manager.

me (dumbfounded) ok, Ill just look around it.

him : cool but please becareful its a launch edition so it is quite rare and special.

me(trying not to snicker) cool.

a few minutes later he comes back to tell me his manager said that it wouldnt be a good idea because then people would want my Supra and not the Zupra. Even if mine was not for sale. I just continue looking. when all of a sudden I hear a thick accent.

guy with thick accent: hey thats beautiful huh, you want one?

me(about to have some fun with these peoples ignorance and treating this thing like its a hunk of gold.) ummm maybe I have the previous one that was the actual Supra so Im not too sure.

him(looking genunly annoyed/confused) vat are u talkin about?!??! this is the REAL Toyota Supra right here

me(smugly) no, I own a TOYOTA Supra, this is a BMW.

Him: (sllightly upset like I just made him lose his ice cream cone) your car is UGLY, this is the REAL beautiful TOYOTA SUPRA right here, yours is just a cheap fake.

me: (smiles and nods and walks away)

yesterday when I went to get some lug nuts I got asked how much, I said "$250,000 or a Radical RXC 600, the look on thier face was priceless lol.

·
The Great Beast 666
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 · (Edited)
@Justin94tt for many years I thought ricers, had died off, then I realized that they eggs before they did.

Wait until someone says "Hey - my Supra is better than yours - it's a 2020!!"
Been there, theres even one of a guy who said I couldnt afford a 2020 one...

Reactions: Dumeinao

·
Registered
537 Posts
This might be a SoCal thing :ROFLMAO: I was at Cerritos Toyota for my event.

But...there IS... a nice ending to the story....

The parts counter guy, who is a 20+ year veteran of Toyota, was interested in my car as I told him about it. I ended up going there about 4 times in 3 weeks, but each time I had driven one of my other cars. The last time I was up there, I made sure to drive the Supra.

After I was done picking up my parts, I asked him if he wanted to check it out. He was like SURE, lets go.

I gave him the walk around and popped the hood. Keep in mind mine is a stock 87T with no mods etc.

He just sat there studying the engine, absorbing everything. It's like he visually traced every design line. He was like, damn..these are the original intake hoses. This is still factory original. Look at that those seats. Everything works? etc.

Honestly, it was like his parts catalog suddenly came to life, and each individual part number was in its correct spot! :)

Anyhow, I told him it was a work in progress and that I had a way to go. He was happy with the work so far.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Great thread.
Always get harassed non-stop about it being an auto

·
Registered
537 Posts
I think the automatic would be great if I still drove mine as a daily driver. When I first moved to CA in 97, I had to commute 30 miles each way to Santa Monica with my 5 speed. God I hated that drive. I used to sit there and watch people eat in their cars while we were stop and go traffic. They were able to use BOTH HANDS and just take their foot off the brake, on and off.

Meanwhile my left leg felt like it got larger after two years and I always arrived either at home or work worn out from shifting.

·
The Great Beast 666
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
121 - 140 of 167 Posts