Supra Forums banner

141 - 160 of 167 Posts

·
The Great Beast 666
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Oh and I found the whole lot of them on Instagram belong to a hashtag group/community called rise up cars.

They get VERY hissy if you call them ricers, thinking that the term ricer is an acronym for RaceInspiredCosmetic Enhancement. Not,to describe where the car originated from and outrageous modifications, as well as the mindset/mentality of a very ignorant person who claims to be a car enthusiest. Aka a Car dummy. here are some Gold ones:

-The 1jz gte was made by Yamaha so that means the 2JZ is a Yamaha motor as well.

-The MKV is better than the MKIV becasue its faster, handles better and looks better so that means its better

-The MKV is not a BMW, it has a Toyota label so that means its a BMW, it was also developed by both companies. (this is even after I have told them that it is 98% BMW and Toyota just did fine tuning/quality control)

-Well the McLaren F1 has a BMW engine like the Supra does, does that mean its a BMW

-only 12 year olds think the MKIV Supra has 1000bhp, and is the best car in the world!!!! (this they say when at the same time they hold the J29(MKV) to the same highness and they are a mere 2-3 years older. )

-people that hate on the new Supra or call it a BMW just cannot afford one (this being said to someone like myself who provide facts that it is a BMW)

-pfft you drive an automatic Supra that means its a base model

-base model Supras are only 220bhp so they are slow

-Supras are boats because they weigh 3400lbs/Supras are boats because they weigh 3400lbs and only have 320bhp.

Ill post more because well.. we need to be aware of these tools.

·
...pop the hood!
1,075 Posts
one time this guy who was a member of a car club was trying to recruit me.
he wanted to see the engine bay. this was my first mkiv and i just got it that week...it was n/a at the time.

i popped the hood. he carefully looked it over and asked if it was a 2jz...i said yes. then he said "looks like it has a stage 2 turbo set-up!"

·
Registered
1987 MA71 R154 Pearl White, Blue Velour
537 Posts
one time this guy who was a member of a car club was trying to recruit me.
he wanted to see the engine bay. this was my first mkiv and i just got it that week...it was n/a at the time.

i popped the hood. he carefully looked it over and asked if it was a 2jz...i said yes. then he said "looks like it has a stage 2 turbo set-up!"
BTW, LOVE the Cylon Raiders logo! Makes me feel old that I recognize "Original" Cylons, not No. 6 beauties. :D

·
...pop the hood!
1,075 Posts
BTW, LOVE the Cylon Raiders logo! Makes me feel old that I recognize "Original" Cylons, not No. 6 beauties. :D
that doesn't make you old...it makes you cool lol

most people don't notice it. others wouldn't get it

·
JetFire
5,416 Posts
I get asked how much I paid and how much power it makes. I always said I paid enough and it doesn't make a 1000 horsepower.

·
The Great Beast 666
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
bumping to update heres the latest.

1) "The Supra Turbo never came in automatic those were only the NA ones"

2) "pfft you dont know nothing about the Supra its not a sports car its a poor handling luxury GT car. You need to learn the actual history of the Supra by going to Donut media not some imaginary place called TO4R.com!!! ha ha loser"

3) "the Supra is only worth so much because of a movie its so overhyped"

4) "Stock Supras cant beat anything and need to be modified to do so, even back in the day they were slow and couldnt beat anything"

·
Registered
951 Posts
i approached a police speed trap on the highway last week and saw a guy getting handcuffed leaning over the hood of his car. As I passed we made eye contact and he screamed “is that a Supra!?!?”. As I continued to drive I saw the cop push him back down on to the hood of the car Like he was resisting arrest lol. this guy is hardcore and deserves a ride when he posts bail :D

·
Super Moderator
10,663 Posts
bumping to update heres the latest.

2) "pfft you dont know nothing about the Supra its not a sports car its a poor handling luxury GT car. You need to learn the actual history of the Supra by going to Donut media not some imaginary place called TO4R.com!!! ha ha loser"
Funny thing about the Donut stuff. I've worked with their head videography/producer dude Jwood on a few things in years past, and when they got around to the 'up to speed' series he was talking to me about Supras.
Despite my best efforts to steer them the right way, they were talking to a bunch of other people and most of what I had to say never made it into that segment.

·
Registered
245 Posts
^ I won't accept this.

·
The Great Beast 666
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
Funny thing about the Donut stuff. I've worked with their head videography/producer dude Jwood on a few things in years past, and when they got around to the 'up to speed' series he was talking to me about Supras.
Despite my best efforts to steer them the right way, they were talking to a bunch of other people and most of what I had to say never made it into that segment.
I saw that and unlike the Skyline where they spoke about the GTRs racing pedigree they did not about the Supra, they forgot about JGTC, Nurburgring, Lemans, etc.

^ I won't accept this.
that's because jokes aside the MKIV is a PURE Toyota without any frills or many electronic doo hickeys it is raw unlike the MKV which doesn't make the MKV better due to electronic doo hickeys as one person on the street told me when they heard the rumble and lumpiness of my cams on my Supra "THAT is how cars are supposed to sound"

Reactions: 1982 dragon

·
Registered
245 Posts
Amen.

141 - 160 of 167 Posts