Supra Forums banner

161 - 167 of 167 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,664 Posts
^ I won't accept this.
Gentle reminder that this is a thread for stupid shit people say to Supra owners. That meme qualifies as stupid shit from a BMW enthusiast said to a Supra owner.

·
The Great Beast 666
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
latest one on youtube.

"Sad part is Supra isn’t exactly that great of a car either in stock form. It’s highest model has 320 horsepower and handles like a boat. Plus, you can get more stock horsepower for a lot less money from a stock C4 Corvette ZR1 from the early 1980s That has 385 Horsepower, and doesn’t need a snail shaped inhaler to do so"

·
Super Moderator
10,664 Posts
latest one on youtube.

"Sad part is Supra isn’t exactly that great of a car either in stock form. It’s highest model has 320 horsepower and handles like a boat. Plus, you can get more stock horsepower for a lot less money from a stock C4 Corvette ZR1 from the early 1980s That has 385 Horsepower, and doesn’t need a snail shaped inhaler to do so"
I don't believe in interrupting or fighting this kind of stuff. If someone wants to talk themselves out of a MK4 Supra and into a C4 Corvette, or C5, or C6, or a Civic Si, or anything else really - let them.
If I find myself in that conversation I just nod my head and say 'Yep,MK4's sure are expensive!' / 'Yep, C4 ZR1's sure were ahead of their time!' and move on to the next subject or get out of that conversation as soon as possible.

That said, no need to import any stupidity from Youtube comments, we've got enough Supraforums-grown derp to go around :)

·
...pop the hood!
1,075 Posts
purchased my first mkiv in 2010. took it to the local toyota dealership to have it looked over. as i was getting out a salesman approaches me and says "thats a great looking car, who makes it?"

Reactions: 95MKIVTT

·
The Great Beast 666
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
I don't believe in interrupting or fighting this kind of stuff. If someone wants to talk themselves out of a MK4 Supra and into a C4 Corvette, or C5, or C6, or a Civic Si, or anything else really - let them.
If I find myself in that conversation I just nod my head and say 'Yep,MK4's sure are expensive!' / 'Yep, C4 ZR1's sure were ahead of their time!' and move on to the next subject or get out of that conversation as soon as possible.

That said, no need to import any stupidity from Youtube comments, we've got enough Supraforums-grown derp to go around :)
yeah I just cant help it, call it the former educator/humble/passionate side of me I just keep hoping there is good in humanity and that those people would come to us to at least learn. but @FasTTurbo said it best, this generation is just sad really.

·
The Great Beast 666
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
purchased my first mkiv in 2010. took it to the local toyota dealership to have it looked over. as i was getting out a salesman approaches me and says "thats a great looking car, who makes it?"
I dont know if that tops the time I got pulled over by a cop who said that the PSSSH PSSSH sound my car was making is bad (he was reffering to my blow off valve) but yours just made me go WTF?!

Reactions: jdm-rhd

·
...pop the hood!
1,075 Posts
I dont know if that tops the time I got pulled over by a cop who said that the PSSSH PSSSH sound my car was making is bad (he was reffering to my blow off valve) but yours just made me go WTF?!
the first week i owned the car i was pulled over at night by a young hwy patrol officer. my first mkiv was rhd, so i watched as he got out of the car thinking he was going to the lhd side...but no, he knew it was rhd lol.

he said he pulled me over because of a small led light attached exhaust. it was installed by previous owner...i didnt know it was there. then he just asked me a bunch of questions about it and we shot the bull about cars for several minutes. it turns out he really just wanted to check it out.

Reactions: 95MKIVTT
161 - 167 of 167 Posts