Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got some drag radials on the car and some C-16 in the tank. I decided to go up to the local hangout to see what was going on. A few people hadn't seen the car since it had returned from Performance Motorsports in Austin, TX. I gave a few people some rides.

Damon (Yamaha R1) and a friend showed up to check out the cars. One thing led to another and a friendly race was set up between the two of us. We went from 35 mph to around 130 or so. Distance was 1/4 mile. Chase car was a fixed up Viper. Garth Weaver brought his camera and we rolled out.

Video Here: Styletto vs R1 (35-130 roll on)

When we both hit it, the R1 jumped out on me about a half bike length. Clicking through the gears with the BL400 goes quick, so by second gear I was even and beginning to pull away. By 3rd gear, I couldn't see the bike anymore. Damon said it was 3-5 bike lengths I was ahead by.

It's hard to tell exactly what all is going on in the video, but fun was had by all. Big thanks to Garth (www.extrememotorsports.tv) for filming the race. Commentary at the end is provided by Dale (turbo busa), which I am sure everyone will get a chuckle out of. Pierre from the last HIBOOST vs BUSA video is also seen in the background too.

Styletto
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Nice run man, car is looking nice!
Jesse
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! =)

BL71GTQ Turbo .81 A/R
HKS 264 Cams/Cam Gears
HKS DLI
AEM EMS
4" Mid and Downpipe
Greddy 4-Row FMIC
BL400 Trannie

On that particular run, she was at about 26 pounds of boost. I am still getting used to driving the car. As I get more familiar, I will turn it up a lil more.

Styletto
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HIBOOST said:
Shane fast car!!! Good video. LOL!! Let's do it again. :bowdown:



Garth
Video was awesome! Thanks for that Garth. Think the Nevada DOT will let us just put a permanent camera on that bridge? We can tell them it's for....uhhhh....monitoring purposes of traffic for a college project. YEAH, THAT'S THE TICKET!!!!! LOL.

Styletto
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
672 Posts
Styletto said:
Video was awesome! Thanks for that Garth. Think the Nevada DOT will let us just put a permanent camera on that bridge? We can tell them it's for....uhhhh....monitoring purposes of traffic for a college project. YEAH, THAT'S THE TICKET!!!!! LOL.

Styletto


:cool: :cool: Those Mexico border patrols are cool!!!!
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
very nice quality video!!! nice looking car!!!



but the vid itself sucked...in car camera *cough*cough*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
672 Posts
SC-MECHAM-WS6 said:
very nice quality video!!! nice looking car!!!



but the vid itself sucked...in car camera *cough*cough*

Agreed. It would be nice if we could always have a production company at every race with multiple cameras LOL!:wtflol:
 

·
Wheel Werkes
Joined
·
1,251 Posts
Nice wheels Shane, I have the same ones on my Expoditon but 22in. And my expo is also red. But they look better on my SUV! ;) Nice car btw.

And whats up with the Viper it had to be stock to get pulled on so hard...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
672 Posts
XBoostX said:
Nice wheels Shane, I have the same ones on my Expoditon but 22in. And my expo is also red. But they look better on my SUV! ;) Nice car btw.

And whats up with the Viper it had to be stock to get pulled on so hard...

The Viper runs 11.30's not stock! :bigthumb:


Supra's are fast!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
XBoostX said:
Nice wheels Shane, I have the same ones on my Expoditon but 22in. And my expo is also red. But they look better on my SUV! ;) Nice car btw.

And whats up with the Viper it had to be stock to get pulled on so hard...
:) Thanks XBoostX. Getting those wheels special order from Japan was a task in itself. There is a post on this forum about the pain I endured for those if you want a good story. I am beginning to learn nothing comes easy on the Supra, but you definately appreciate it much more when it all comes together.

Styletto
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LMBLF8 said:
Wow FAST Supra you got there! Any idea on how much RWHP you make at 26psi?
Dyno chart I got back from Performance Motorsports indicated 657 rwhp (mind you this is an auto TH400 trannie) with the torque spiking between 500 ft lbs up to 1014 ft. lbs. I was told with the mileage on the car (over 110,000 miles), it wouldn't be recommended to go over 28lbs of boost without rebuilding the bottom end.

Styletto
 

·
Supraholic/Boostaholic
Joined
·
1,513 Posts
Styletto said:
Dyno chart I got back from Performance Motorsports indicated 657 rwhp (mind you this is an auto TH400 trannie) with the torque spiking between 500 ft lbs up to 1014 ft. lbs.
Styletto
:eek2: thats awesome!! great numbers for stock block and mileage!
 
1 - 20 of 84 Posts
Top