Supra Forums banner

sub and speaker help

798 views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Boostedmkiii 
#1 ·
hey everyone. i have been around supras for a little while, but have been spending most of my time and money on performance upgrades and not so much (at all) audio.

so being new to this i have no idea what im getting my self into. right now im currently building a 2x 12" sub box for an old pair of MTX subs that a buddy gave to me. im not so sure i want to use these. i also have a Kenwood 800w amp, but im fine with that, i dont think it will need to be replaced.

this is what im looking for: nice bass that doesnt drown out the music and isnt going to put me in debt. i need everything so i would like suggestions for head units, speakers, and subs.

i have a mkiii if that makes any difference. any help/info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam

#2 ·
Is it targa? and if so....is keping the tagra in back important?

#4 ·
Alpine CDA9856 - $200
MRPF250 - $200 (for your fronts and rears)
Boston SL65 - $250

some decent cables...and you'd be on your way to a decent entry level system

#6 ·
My bad - yes the alpine is the head unit
Boston acoustics are the 6.5" speakers. Boston prides them on being the most accurate sounding speaker. Chip Foose pays full rip to put them in his vehicles for a reason. Even George Lucas uses Boston speakers in his theatres.

#7 ·
alright, so what is the MRPF250? i think its an amp? and if so im covered on that. i need two subs to put in my box. i dont want these MTX thunder 4400s anymore...

i looked up the head unit and SL65s and they look good.

#8 ·
check out edesignaudio.com the guys at ed are very good. they are still relatively unknown and its not a super big company but the products are awesome and the prices are great. for 12's i would look at their 13kv2's. i have their 10's and they sound awesome, tight, acurate and they can get pretty loud if you want them to. check their reviews and the audio forums on their too. for speakers i would also take a look at cdt audio and ed speakers as well, for the 250 your sepending on 2 way speakers with boston you can get components that rival much pricer speakers with both cdt and ed. check out cdt's website too, the cdt audio cl61 are some of the best speakers you can get for under 350,(they retail for 350 but you can still find them priced around 150 online) just make sure you do some research before you buy anything, you dont want to get stuck with something that someone you dont even know recommended you. just my 2cents

#10 ·
cool, let us know when you end up with. pm me if you would like some more help :)

#11 ·
ok, so i finally got around to finishing my box. a friend of mine has these AudioBahn subs for sale. $125 for both.

ill try and find out which model they are if you guys cant tell from the pics. not sure if its a good deal or not...?

thanks,
Adam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.