Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad owns a company which makes car sub eclosures, dj systems and home systems since 1983. I was telling him his boxes need more style. These boxes are very high quality and already have function, now I want to help make them more stylish.

This is where I need your help. If you have any ideas for a good looking box design.. please help! Just draw it on paper and scan it if you have a scanner, or make a simple drawing in an art program like MS Paint or Photoshop. Or if you need to you can respond and I will give you a fax number. Or you can just write it out in words as to how it should look. We can put plexi glass, chrome accents , anything. Just give ideas plz :) Any type of box is ok, bandpass, hatchback, 6x9, anything.. just please don't make it car specific like one for a Supra hatch only ;)

If he decides to build the box.. I will send you a free one of it...

THANKS!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, I have some ideas on some boxs but I was wondering if it matters about their size or shape?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hm.

Trying to save a few bucks by soliciting for free help online eh? ;) I think you need to spend a few bucks and hire a product designer, or just pay me a flat rate of $5000 and give 5% royalties on all enclosure sold and I'll whip up a few ideas. Gotta love freelance designers :D

-R

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heh, we are too low on income to spend $5k on a designer. I'm not really trying to solicit designs just trying to see what people want. I'ts hard to tell sometimes..

Powrsoundsupra, the size doesn't really matter .. basically something that will fit in a trunk, or hatch, nothing HUGE like to take up the back of an entire SUV ;) The shape, can be basically anything, we have made D shaped tubes and I'll tell my dad to check if the shape you want can be built.
Just feed the ideas to me or email to [email protected]

I will consider giving comission or extra money if it turns out to work well.

Thanks

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shervin said:

Powrsoundsupra, the size doesn't really matter .. basically something that will fit in a trunk, or hatch, nothing HUGE like to take up the back of an entire SUV ;)

I will consider giving comission or extra money if it turns out to work well.
First off, size does matter, every speaker has parameters, for a speaker to work at it's optimum lvl it needs the right amout of air space, power, phase, distance, ect, etc. It acts just like car tuning, poor set up=poor #'s

Now, are you using a particular speaker application, or the any speaker will do?

Next what class of speaker is this? Size?
Are you going to make each application vehicle specific, or generic.

I have been building customs systems for a few years... If you are seriously doing this, I will offer my services and experiences for hire, otherwise good luck.
Jakub

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ear Candy said:

First off, size does matter, every speaker has parameters, for a speaker to work at it's optimum lvl it needs the right amout of air space, power, phase, distance, ect, etc. It acts just like car tuning, poor set up=poor #'s

Now, are you using a particular speaker application, or the any speaker will do?

Next what class of speaker is this? Size?
Are you going to make each application vehicle specific, or generic.

I have been building customs systems for a few years... If you are seriously doing this, I will offer my services and experiences for hire, otherwise good luck.
Jakub
Size does matter, you are right. But I was asking about designs as in style, not specifications. The final product will be sized for maximum sound. The speaker size will be either 10, 12, or 15" subwoofers. We do make vehicle specific boxes for Camaros, and most trucks. But then there is Bandpass (trunk/hatch) and hatchback styles which are basically generic.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, so you are after shape then.

Assuming this, imagine maybe a cube, 3 or 4 sides have drivers, seperated by internal baffles, maybe 2 8"s and a 10" with different volumes for each.

Or, maybe a 4 driver box for those who crave big THUMP. The Box would be have a pyramids silhioute but with the top cut off.

With the drivers on the angled side, kinda like two double hatch boxes back to back, or less steep angles to display the drivers better.

Or corner fitting BP boxes, with a window on the bottom of a isocoles triangle placed on its back. The port would be a gap under the window that could have covers or no covers to change the type of port.

Boxes that come pre-wired with sound-active neon in different colors, or maybe with strobes, neon and sound active. Also, could be any combo of the three.
A box with windows in both sides to show off sme of the more attractive baskets on speakers lately. I have more ideas but they are hard to put on here. Email me at [email protected]

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the ideas powersound, very good ideas, i will talk with my dad about it and if he likes ill talk to u later, thanks!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
maybe something that doesn't require pullin' out the donut (spare tire). The pic below is a box i got a Circuit City. I'd like to have another sub back there but two of these boxes don't fit.

if you can make a box to fit 2 10" subs, that would be great, something along the lines of the box in the picture, wider and a bit longer maybe... if you can make grooves to fit over the wheels, that would be even better. i like this box cuz it fits snuggly behind the rear seats and can be moved out of the way to get to the spare tire. and YES, i am willing to give up the truck space :p

thanks

btw... the box is like a wedge, you can't really tell from the pic, but the top is higher than the bottom, or vice vera, something like that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts