Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
king lurker
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i wanna get 2 10" subs in my trunk of my mk3 and i would like to get them like molded into the sides so i wont lose that much trunk space due to a huge box. if anybody knows how much this will run me or if there is some other way i can put the subs in without losing space please tell. thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,991 Posts
if your only going with 2-10's..... you'd be able to get away with a very small box if you mount the subs backwards......with the magnets facing out, however your going to build a small box, keep in mind airspace, but i'd imagine you could get away with a box roughly 24" wide, 12" tall, and only 6-8" deep, and if you seperated the chambers, you'd be looking about .6-.8 cubic feet, and thats not to bad for a decent 10"

·
king lurker
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm i dont think i'll be building my own box but can i buy one like that? anyone got some pics of a box like that thanks

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
if you build a fiberglass mold of the spare tire well, and make the box the entire size (length and width) of the hatch, and about 3 inches tall, you will have plenty of room. thats what i will be doing (basically) in the near future with my 2 Massive Audio 10s, in a ported box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts