Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Lexotic Garage
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after three years of trouble free driving day in day out, I come back from vacation and try to start my car and it just cranks over and over until batter dies.

Granted it has been 25*F for a week. I fully trickle charged my battery overnight and it was strong today. Cranked well.

I can hear the fuel pump turn on and I smell fuel at the rail. Apparently I am not getting spark but i have just under 1/2 tank of gas. I am running stock rail and 550ccs

I have a MAPECU2 and Stock ECU. This setup has been pretty reliable for years. Has anyone ever experienced this? I dont have the cable to log into my MAPECU2 right now. Im just wondering if anything went wrong in it that is not allowing the coolant temp signal or Intake Air signal etc maybe be causing the car to not get all the correct info to start.

Has anyone had a MAPECU just fail on them?

·
Lexotic Garage
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
about to test some EFI relays tonight. My fuel pump pumps like a mofo. gonna check for spark tonight. also for coolant temp signal.

·
Lexotic Garage
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I found two things:

My MAPECU2 does not power on when I power up the 12v wire and securely ground it. I get no action on any of the 4 LED's that notify you of activity or power.

Now, I cant recall if this happened before...

When I turn on the car to ACC mode, The Check Engine light does not come on and go away.
Now, I cant recall if it ever does this to begin with..

I will contact MVP where I bought the MAPECU to see if there is any sort of warranty that can be honored.

·
Lexotic Garage
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I sent my dead MAPECU2 back to Joe at PHR. Without a hassle he exchanged my MAPECU2 and shipped me a new one with the exchange/repair fee. I installed it today and the MAPECU2 led's powered up and the car fired right up. Big thanks to PowerHouse Racing for getting me back on the road with great post sales support!

Thanks PHR!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts