1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next event.

What would you do differently?
What did you like?

Anyone that went and raced or not, chime in with your .02.

I really liked the concept of a street car race. What would make it better?

·
Supra Poobah
1,391 Posts
Take it on tour.

V

·
0 Posts
I personally would like to see the D/R class include 15" wheels just limit the tire size to 8.5x26x15

MORE PUBLICITY ( i know you had a short time to put it together)

More Classes : instead of just 2 pro classes make it 4 1) pro 10.5 2) D/R 3) Q-16 cut off at 11.99 (formated like NHRA sport compact Q-16 ... I can give you a break down of these rules in a PM) 4) bracket class for all others.

It would be really cool to see more of the Imports and Domestics go heads up.

·
Registered
970 Posts
How about an event in the north west? :)

·
Registered
970 Posts
I guess your right that kind of is true...the Northwest seems to be like the hated step child as far as automotive stuff goes We get shafted up here. We get no good major events ( at least import or real street car events) Nothing really spectacular has came out of the NW that I can remember. ( as far as this type of thing)

Every other section of the US does except us...but then again that is probably due in part to what you mentioned....Maybe in time.

The only way to get to race at events like the one that just went down in AZ is to travel 1000+ miles each way for a day or two of racing.

Brett

·
Registered
504 Posts
TheMadSupra said:
I guess your right that kind of is true...the Northwest seems to be like the hated step child as far as automotive stuff goes We get shafted up here. We get no good major events ( at least import or real street car events) Nothing really spectacular has came out of the NW that I can remember. ( as far as this type of thing)

Every other section of the US does except us...but then again that is probably due in part to what you mentioned....Maybe in time.

The only way to get to race at events like the one that just went down in AZ is to travel 1000+ miles each way for a day or two of racing.

Brett
Don't know Brett. I heard ISC's T-78 supra ran no better than a 14 second pass this past weekend. I think that's worth bringing the event here for ;)

·
There can only be one!
1,604 Posts
The turnout was small. But it was all enthusiasts, no bullshit people around which was nice.

However, it was not worth 30 bucks for Stacy and I, plus 7 bucks for parking. If there were more advertising to lure more spectators it would be nice to keep costs down.

Not a bad event over all though. :)

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Not true. We had 2 national events in a row at woodburn, OR and the attendance was so pathetic they decided to not hold them anymore in the NW. Stupid kids more interested in watching bikinii contests than the best import racing in the nation.

TheMadSupra said:

Brett

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
VWdragracer said:
MORE PUBLICITY
That was the first thought that came to mind. I was tjere on Saturday, and it just seemed so. . .vacant? I don't know. It'd be nice to see a larger variety of cars going at it.

Secondly, no more of that bullshit where the E.T.'s and trap speeds don't show. I don't care what the logic behind it is, it was very dissatisfying as a spectator to be deprived of such vital postings :)

Oh, it was little pricey too. 15 bucks/person and 7 bucks for parking? Yikes!!

Other than that, there was some high quality racing and I think the event has lots of potential. Thanks Scandelous!!

·
Hole Shot
23 Posts
Good thing we got in free :)

It was fun, but I really didn't start gettin into things until about 11pm...We got there about noon and most of the day was wasted...I realize thats not Scandalous' fault though, it was a hot day during the afternoon hours, so I understand why it was pushed back a lil bit.

More people would of been nice, but then more people usually = more bullshit...The quality of cars there was top notch.

As for future suggestions, I don't really know...Just continue bringing in the fastest street cars around the country and the people will come...Hopefully by next year we'll have something to run with a lot of the big dogs.

·
Registered
93 Posts
guys just like you said, we have the fastest street cars compete in our events,PERIOD no BS 15 sec cars...we have the most competative classes, PERIOD, look at all the Pro and DR cars, all withing .5 sec of eachother, our rules work!

Publicity was the problem to a certain extent...we got 5 weeks notice and 3 weeks to get the event together and get it going...no time at all and no other promoter would take that risk, we did....there was simply no more time to do this, we usually get started 8 months to a year before an event like this..that is why when we throw our midwest events, the smallest turnout we ever got was 5400 people...we will show you video of our upcoming OKC event....Hopefully we will see Woon defend his crown there, those midwest 10.5 cars are nasty ryan....get some tuning in brother!
a few things...
it was the hottest fucking day of the year......mind you we had nothing to do with that...but I will not apologize for holding the event back for 3 1/2 hours, track temps were at 165 degrees...safety is a number one thought and concern for us, we do not want any of the Pro guys or DR guys on a greasy track and getting hurt, not on our watch! So we will not let that happen...period even if folks get pissed.

Second, most of our time (3 weeks) was spent dealing with track preperations and with tech for 3 weeks and getting them to..... , well let most of you run tat definatly can not pass tech for even a 12 sec rip! But as you can see, we took care of that at an NHRA track...

Third, everyone says that everyone with REAL fast cars like this (NMRA tried for 3 years and then just never went back) fails in AZ and in the west in general...we expected around 1200 folks, but said oh well, lets do it just to get our name out in the west, well we drew 2400 plus throughout the day so we doubled what we expected to see....we can not be happier considering what our research said we wold get, most folks came by at aound 8 and later...
Another thing I want to let everyone know, those of you who came early and were looking for the classes to start...i say this, thanks for sticking around and sorry about the 3 1/2 hour push back.....but, we specifically said we will open the gates as a courtesy at 8 am to allow the pro, DR and all others to test and tune till 2 PM just like a regualr Test and tune sesion then we would get the program going!!!!Test and tune is why we open the gates early and to setup our Jumbo tron...show always starts at 2:30 or so(unless like in this case it was 354615461416371368713687 degrees out)..so it was time we need to setup our production and offer a courtesy for those who wish to test while we are working on other things...

We liked the west and AZ in general, we have already pre booked for next year, but a month earlier so we dont fry our balls off again.....we have a year to get this right, we will get it just like we do here in the midwest...oh...did anyone realize that we drew all enthusiest with fast cars???No junk clogging the lanes...that aint our thing and wont be, i am pleased that even out west where we have never been, we only draw the creme of the crop...not only that, but made history in a 10.5 class where imports have never run....they not nly got to compete in this domestic class...they WON hats off to the supra guys and Ryan Woon!

See yall next year...back to the home region next in OKC to drag some bumpers Scandalous Style! Woon, you better be ready!

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
You guys had 2,400 people come through that day????? That would be around $36k in revenue, and if you take into consideration that of those 2,400, prolly 500 cars came, that's another $3,500. No wonder you do these events! With only 20-30 cars racing, you made over $38,000 in revenue!!!!!!! If I made that kind of money at TX2K5, all events would be FREE with HUGE HUGE HUGE payouts. I'm assuming there was a pretty big payout since you only had 2 classes and all this money. What were the pots? I need to change jobs and become an event promotor! :)
Peter

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
LOL Jay, i know, there are DEFINATELY HUGE expenses with an event like this! However, being that i run an event, i know that with that much revenue, you have some money left over... :)
Peter

1 - 20 of 26 Posts