Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i narrowed it down to 2 dp. the one eliminates both cats but im not sure if i have to buy an elbow for it and the other one i know udont have to buy an elbow but i dont think eleminates both cats

the bic dp or the rt dp

bic
The BIC lightweight downpipe is a full 3" mandrel-bent unit that eliminates the heavy and restrictive cast iron stock turbo elbow. It uses 3/8" thick flanges and bolts right onto the CT26 (as well as most common bolt-on turbo upgrades). Superior design allows you to use the stock O2 sensor and heat shield. The BIC downpipe can be counted on to increase throttle response and allow full boost to hit more quickly -- while still allowing the turbo to pull hard all the way to redline. Constructed from from mandrel bent aluminized steel, BIC downpipes come standard with VHT high temp paint. BIC goes the extra mile by including a new gasket and bolts for the catylic converter flange.

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
rt

Description

RT 3" downpipes are available in Mild and Stainless Steel. They feature a no-bottleneck flex-joint to allow engine movement without stressing the turbo flange. The Sport DP eliminates the first cat, but the Race DP model eliminates both cats! Each model mates to the existing exh-system without hassle. 25HP gains have been observed vs the stock DP. This product is designed to not hang too-low, it will have less scraping hazard compared to the HKS DP. The pipe bolts on to your stock or SS 3in Elbow.

·
Sawblades Rock!!!
194 Posts
The BIC does not replace both cats, it replaces the first cat and come with an integrated turbo elbow. If you want to replace the seacond cat, BIC sells a test pipe that will bolt right up to the downpipe to replace the seacond cat. I think it's $60 extra

·
Phantom Flipper
638 Posts
I have the BIC DP and wouldn't buy anything else other than the DDP. It looks good, was a breeze to install and makes rediculous gains.

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
Divorced Downpipe. The wastegate portion of the turbo is secluded from the rest of the exhaust exiting the turbine and goes out a seperate pipe. Picture the same BIC DP but with another smaller diamter tube that runs along the underside of it and "dumps" at the bottom.

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
If you want less restriction/interferance and greater spool then yes. If you are very picky about noise, no.

·
Street Sleeper
1,114 Posts
Chrisco said:
If you want less restriction/interferance and greater spool then yes. If you are very picky about noise, no.
He could always get the DDP that is re routed rather than dumped to atmosphere

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
DDP FTW!!!!!!!!! I will be purchasing mine after i get something settled :)

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
who makes DDP for MK3s?

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
I want to get that DDP... I need a downpipe anyways when I finish my swap. :naughty:

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
Definately go with the BIC pipe. Best DP hands down. DDP is the way to go if youre looking for power.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts