Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any experience or thoughts on these? yes, i know they are cheap, but they have to be better than kumhos and they look pretty decent. they are a pretty soft tire, they have a treadwear rating of 220, so....they can't totally suck. anyways, my S-02's are dieing, so i need some new rubber without having to sell my mom to buy them...any suggestions?

later

·
Nynex Phreak
105 Posts
I have a set of 225/45s on my 98 Eclipse GSX, or maybe they are 225/40s. I forget. Anyhow, I got them on sale from tirerack.com. I was going to get kumhos, but everyone told me these wheels were much better for the same price. Since I am AWD I can't speak for traction issues but so far the tires are very nice. Smoothe, not too loud. Not bad tires for a small budget.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i used to have the sumitomo htrzs, and now i have the kuhmo supra ecstas. the kumhos are MUCH quieter. i have also been told by a serious road racing buddy that the sumitomo bladders have a tendancy to go bad. for the price of the kumhos i don't think there is a better frequently driven tire.

·
3,463 Posts
Do you have the HTRZ's or HTRZ II's? From what I understand, the HTRZ's are a VERY soft compound, more of a drag radial type tire.

I have the HTR Z II's on my car right now and I LOVE THEM! Not loud at all and very good traction in the dry. For the price, they can't be beat.

Slave_1 said:
i used to have the sumitomo htrzs, and now i have the kuhmo supra ecstas. the kumhos are MUCH quieter. i have also been told by a serious road racing buddy that the sumitomo bladders have a tendancy to go bad. for the price of the kumhos i don't think there is a better frequently driven tire.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bringing up the old but I have Sumi's on the back... 285/35/18's
and I love these tires..

I just drove threw the dumping rain at 80mph with no feeling of hydroplaining....
may be it's because my fronts are Bridgestone s03's but... i love the sumi's... but there is a problem...

I was doing a left turn on 2nd gear and DID feel as if the sumi's didn't have very good latteral traction when wet... as for freeway driving can't get much better then these..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts