Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the managers at Sunrise Toyota is selling "their" 97 Green w/ Tan Interior, Turbo, Targa, Automatic with 66,xxx miles for...READY???

$41,000 :rofl:

I went there and checked it out. The guy (lance) needs to get a clue, For one, it's not the complete leather package (armrests are not leather). And also, the dash board has four holes in it, probably for a cupholder. The Chrome stocker's are peeling, and there's not really anything on it that would bring in such a premium price (no single turbo, not FMIC, nothing at all).

But anyway, if you want to check it out, i'm not sure if its on autotrader, but if you go to the Optimun Auto's on cablevision IO, you should be able to find it (it's located in Oakdale, Long Island). My dad showed it to me, he was kind of interested until we went there and the guy told us how much he wants for it.

Sadly enough, some ex-ricer will go there without a clue on exactly how much to pay for it, but buy it cuz "It's a Twin Turbo Supra!!" :agreed:

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Jokerfreak16 said:
Why would Toyota chince out on the leather armrests? my 94 has them, why wouldn't 97-98's?
save cost ...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dave Capone said:
Considering they cut the sticker price 10 grand they had to do something.
Yea, definitly true.

But as far as talking to the owner, I drove there in my Supra, so he didn't think I was just some kid gauking at his car. then when i asked his price, i was like "$41k?! You could pretty much buy them brand new for ~$41k in 97-98.

He also asked how much I would pay and i told him no more than $28k....he seemed kind of taken back. I didn't insult him by saying that price right? I figured thats around the going price. However, he bought the car three weeks ago from upstate, and is selling right away?? Doesn't seem right. The car is pretty clean, and he was described to me by another employee as a "Supra nut"...so i dunno, probably a huge mark-up being made.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
1997 Toyota Supra 2 Dr STD Turbo Hatchback

National Base Price $17,863 $21,195 $25,267

Optional Equipment $143 $179 $249

Keyless Entry System $30 $37 $52

AM/FM/Cassette Audio System $41 $51 $71

AM/FM/CD Audio System $72 $91 $126

Cloth Seats $0 $0 $0

Color Adjustment

Dark Green $-133 $-158 $-188

Regional Adjustment

for Zip Code 07104 $-122 $-144 $-172

Mileage Adjustment

66,999 miles $722 $722 $722

Condition Adjustment

Outstanding $1,482 $1,681 $2,049

Total $19,955 $23,475 $27,927

Car is worth anywhere in between $17,XXX to $30,XXX considering the RARE factor but still. 41K = Horse shit

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
my friend called them on friday, they told him $44,000 over the phone...he said, thats wayy overpriced...they said, thats what they go for these days....

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
TsopranoIS300 said:
my friend called them on friday, they told him $44,000 over the phone...he said, thats wayy overpriced...they said, thats what they go for these days....

He should have said, "no thats what they went for 4 years ago. Get with the times fella!" and hung up.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TsopranoIS300 said:
:rofl:

It's an automatic too...thats over the original sticker price already, i could imagine if it were a six speed. He is pretty much just "selling" it to the person that will pay him what he wants for it (Way overpriced), and when someone finally comes along that is stupid/uneducated enough to buy it, he will take his $41k or $44k or who knows, probably even higher, he went up $3k in two weeks and put ~30 grand of it towards a low mileage 97-98, and pocket the rest.

:wtflol: Thats what they go for these days lol...yea maybe an original QS with like 25,000 original miles on it.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
he is just waiting for some rich bastard to buy it who does not know how much the car is worth.

·
Lurking...
885 Posts
94nasupra said:
he is just waiting for some rich bastard to buy it who does not know how much the car is worth.
Or some dumb kid that thinks it's worth that because "the same car" was in The Fast n' The Furious.

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
I saw this car at the auction about 3 weeks ago the dealer wanted 30K it was also on craigslist that same week for 29,000

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
nah those expire after 7 days and this was about 3 weeks ago.

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
Heck there was another 97 TT w/50k on craigslist for $27.5k but was Jade Green and Auto.

vnt :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts