Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone please answer

alright i finally got my sunroof working and yes i know this isnt some thought provoking engine tweaking problem that seems to be the only subject of interest that gets answers however hopefullly this smart @$$ intro will whether it be good or bad. the only problem with it is now the motor has a real hard time pulling it up in fact i have to help push it both open and shut. THis didnt happen with the other motor there is no grinding sound so i know it isnt the gears. I already tried greasing the tracks with white grease, wd40ing the other parts and it still does this. could my tracks have been thrown off and if so any answer on how to fix them and align them properly??

G

·
When the sunroof is completely closed, if you've removed the headliner, remove the four bolts that hold the motor and then reseat it into the sunroof tray. If the cables are bound up and out of alignment, you'll have a difficult time removing the motor and hear the tension released when the motor comes out(because the left and right tracks cable weren't synchronized). One of the other possible cause for the sunroof not opening/closing smoothly is one of the four plastic shims that go inside the track may have broken and came out(this is what happened to my sunroof). I replaced both tracks on my car but still have the original ones and will try to dig them out and take some pictures to explain the problem I had which sounds similar to your symptoms. I could have fixed and reused my original tracks but replaced them with new parts to get it 100% trouble free for the long run . . .

·
Supra Dupra
534 Posts
My sunroof is hard to close. I have to help it in order for it close. Everything seems lined up, but hard to close. Does that mean the motor is weak???

·
Registered
88 Posts
I sprayed some of my motorcycle chain lube on the tracks - the kind that "sticks and stays" It eliminated the slow travel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts