Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I understand it, these Supras are the most rare of them all. I want to know how many are out there, and I want to see pics. So, post pics of your car from the inside, outside, top, side, rear... whatever! If your Supra has a sunroof, post a pic!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
AFAIK, Most were dealer installed. My MKIII has one like the one shown above, a manual pop-out unit (at least that looks like the same type as mine). When I finally get around to getting all my bodywork done I'm planning on replacing it with an electric aftermarket unit. Preferably one just a little bit larger.

EDIT: BTW - Anyone have a pic of the interior of a hardtop MKIII stripped? How far back can you go with a sunroof before you hit the cross bracing?

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Friends '88 NA.
He got me into Supras in the first place, and now look at me, 1JZ and all, and his white one is all broke down and hasnt run for almost a year, so sad.

·
67mm of pleasure
852 Posts
This is my 91 1j If you want any specific shots, Ill take some tomorrow for you.

·
Registered
304 Posts
CRE said:
AFAIK, Most were dealer installed. My MKIII has one like the one shown above, a manual pop-out unit (at least that looks like the same type as mine). When I finally get around to getting all my bodywork done I'm planning on replacing it with an electric aftermarket unit. Preferably one just a little bit larger.

EDIT: BTW - Anyone have a pic of the interior of a hardtop MKIII stripped? How far back can you go with a sunroof before you hit the cross bracing?
mine is an aftermarket electronic one, it came with the car when i bought....i can take a pic tomarrow of how far in it goes....mine can go in to the roof or lift up

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
factory sunroof=teh sexor

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Now that's what I'm talkin' about.... I hate that to open mine (more than just upward for venting) I have to pull over and pull it out. Man those all look HOT!

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Remember to though, if they are Dealer installed, they can be different from dealer to dealer.
Some would Source out another company to install it.

I work for ford, and in the body shop we had a F-250 we where working on, it left for a couple days and came back with a Sunroof that looked factory, but wasnt of course.

So I'm just saying if Sunroofs are a dealer installed option, then they can vary in size and operation.

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
My pos

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
91-92 had factory sunroofs. Unless your car is a 91-92, it cannot have a factory sunroof. If it's a pre-91 car that has a nice powered glass sunroof, it's a commonly installed dealer-option for the Supra, but not factory.

·
Offical MkIII Pushman
1,797 Posts
:( makin me all sad, god i love a 91+ black with sunroof.

is it black / shadow gray?

·
Boostless
686 Posts
This is a dealer installed ASC power glass sunroof on my '88.

Closed

Tilted up

Not all that great of a picture of it, but you can kinda see what it looks like when it's completely open

1 - 20 of 49 Posts