Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need one from a Turbo car. If anyone is parting out a car with it please let me know-I will buy the whole setup with the dashcluster if I have too.
Email me at [email protected]
Thanks!

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
ignorance excused ;)

the supermonitor was an option available from '86.5 - '88. it replaced the digital clock w/a small computer that told you gas mileage and engine codes among other things. its a drop in procedure for the '86.5 - '88s, but you will need extra wiring for the '89+. HTH.....

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
enrage-too much. they are quite rare and go for around $250 if you can find someone selling all 3 pieces (display, keypad and computer)

el-yes and no. if your '86.5 - '88 na has the sport package (TEMS, lsd, headlight washers) then it plugs right in. if your na is a base model, you need to do some wiring.....

H

·
0 Posts
I bought one for my car, got the whole inst. cluster with the computer for the super monitor very cheap. I think that where I got mine from there are two more. I will check in there Monday and will let you guys know. I paid for my whole set up $50.00. I'll find out if there are any more. Whoever gets it pays the part price plus shipping, I'm not interested in making any profit, just to help out .

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hopeful if you can get one I will be happy to pay 20 bucks extra for your time.
BTW guys it should be noted that the supermonitor from a turbo car will not work on a n/a or vice versa.
Beef I have one from a n/a car-just the monitor though...

E

·
0 Posts
hopefull87 said:
I bought one for my car, got the whole inst. cluster with the computer for the super monitor very cheap. I think that where I got mine from there are two more. I will check in there Monday and will let you guys know. I paid for my whole set up $50.00. I'll find out if there are any more. Whoever gets it pays the part price plus shipping, I'm not interested in making any profit, just to help out .
i'll hopefully want one.........getting car tomorrow?
i could drive down and pick it up too.

H

·
0 Posts
I have to check if these cars still have it. I got mine from an 88t and was a drop in deal. I didn't bother to look in the others, there are about thre more of them, El PAALO, if there are any left, I'll let you know and you can come and get them if you like, I just got mine and left without cheking anything else.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have one in my 87T, but it doesn't work. I bought the car with it not working, and never got around to getting it working properly. All the wires were hooked up with I looked at it, but I didn't dive in any deeper :rolleyes: any ideas? maybe I'll sell it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have one in my Supra. I was gonna just throw it out till my friend showed me what it could do. :) Hehe it's pretty cool. For a 1987 car though I must say it sure did have more options than my 1999 Prelude. Tems system, Power seats, Lumbar support, super moniter LOL now I know what it's called. Hehe Tems is sitting on the side if anyone wants it just holler u can have it cheap. :)

H

·
0 Posts
There is a control box or a "brain" box that's mounted right above the clutch/brake pedals, up in the dash. This box is marked for the type of engine that the car has and it has a wire that goes all the way to the back of the inst. cluster. Without this box the super monitor is pretty much useless

H

·
0 Posts
Bad news for everybody, just got back from checking those cars, they are all regular displays, not the super monitor , there were just two with the super monitor, I got one and who knows who got the other one.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts