Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
NOSUP4U
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, got my JDM GTE motor running last night and all is good besides the fact its running 10.0-11.0 AFR's at idle. It was breaking up real bad with any type of throttle but I changed the plugs and that fixed that. It is also throwing the following codes:
21 and 31. I have tried using 2 different used o2 sensors, but maybe I just need to buy a new one?

Heres my setup:
JDM GTE
USDM cams
SAFCII
USDM 550cc injectors w/ resistor box
JDM ECU
T67 DBB
4" turboback

Any help is much appreciated

At this point, I have swapped map sensors, plugged and unplugged SAFC, messed with TPS sensor, and IACV and nothing helps, it dumps crazy fuel idling..

·
NOSUP4U
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

·
Registered
9,659 Posts
Greg, I can assure you there is nothing wrong with the sensor I sent you it may have 10k on it and even with my car knocking like a pair of 15's it ran absolutely fine.

Jason

·
NOSUP4U
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I cant get the damn thing to get out of the 10s and 11s at idle..I have tried 3 sensors now, reset ecu..idk what else to do...

·
Registered
9,659 Posts
did you check the map sensor? unplug it and see if anything changes

·
NOSUP4U
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
unplugged it and nothing changed..

·
0 to gas station in 5 sec
1,012 Posts
What harness are you using? If it's USDM, did you modify it to work with the MAP setup?

·
Registered
9,659 Posts
JDM Harness adapted to NA USDM harness, JDM ECU

·
NOSUP4U
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I re-used the Map sensor that came with my JDM GTE...im thinking that could be the problem. Its also not seeing any of the changes i make on my SAFC. Im using a JDM harness merged with NA harness

·
Registered
9,659 Posts
how did you wire the SAFCII Greg?

according to the instructions for the SAFC, depending on what year model the aristo ecu is out of the wiring is different, 1 ( 91 to 97.7 ) calls for T7-c and the other ( 97.8 - 00 ) T10-c

http://www.apexi-usa.com/content/pdf6807.pdf
it came out of a 94 so its correct.....BUT he has it set up for hotwire and not pr-1. He should have it changed and call me back in a few with the result.

Jason

·
NOSUP4U
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
switched it to pressure, and nothing changes...it still idles at 10.0 AFR's

·
Registered
216 Posts
Maybe this is a stupid question, but are you still getting AFR's of 10-11 after it warms up? Or are you getting 10 at cold and you haven't run it long enough to warm up?

·
NOSUP4U
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
warm or cold..doesnt matter..I have not driven it however as im waiting for my throttle cable to come in tomorrow.

·
NOSUP4U
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wish i could tell you..Has me stumped as well!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Maybe another stupid question, but are you sure it's a JDM ECU? I would guess you brought in a half cut, so the ECU came with the engine and whatever else you got, but if you have picked up the ECU from somewhere else maybe just do a double check to confirm it's a JDM ECU.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts