Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this car (MKIV) a few days ago and the tag on the turbo says Super T-70. Any idea the origins of this single kit? Opinions seems to vary (from what Ive read) as to the efficacy of this turbo, so in order to upgrade I think I need to find out what I have first.

Thanks

Image uploading. Refresh page to view
[/IMG]

·
Blood for Blood
8,321 Posts
Did you just buy this car? NA to TT swap and its black?

·
Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
4,584 Posts
looks like a fleabay turbo to me also.. also clean that shit up, look like something is spraying around the turbo and manifold.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks like a fleabay turbo to me also.. also clean that shit up, look like something is spraying around the turbo and manifold.
Nothing spraying around, its called living near the beach here in Socal, with plenty of salt.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whats a good quality slightly better flowing hair dryer that will fit and bolt right on to that T-3 mani?

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Hey mate, I ran one of these on my MK3 7M back a few years ago. Made 440rwhp at 16.5psi. Very cheap turbo price wise but I didn't have any issues although I didn't run it for a whole lot of mile. Needless to say it is an Ebay turbo.

Seth

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey mate, I ran one of these on my MK3 7M back a few years ago. Made 440rwhp at 16.5psi. Very cheap turbo price wise but I didn't have any issues although I didn't run it for a whole lot of mile. Needless to say it is an Ebay turbo.

Seth
Thanks for the info bro, it's actually not given me any trouble at all and it looks like it's been there for awhile. However Im not really into skimping on the quality of such an import part of power production for the car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the info bro, it's actually not given me any trouble at all and it looks like it's been there for awhile. However Im not really into skimping on the quality of such an import part of power production for the car.
Yah I really doubt you'll regret changing it out, good choice:bigthumb:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are all or most singles offered for the 2jz fit a t-3 flange?

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Nope most are T4. Any bigger real turbo will come in T4 as the T3 size will limit your ultimate max HP capabilities due to size restriction.

Seth

1 - 14 of 14 Posts