Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy is asking $19k+ for his supra with 261,000 miles i think he is crazy and i told him that he better go down on the price, but dang 261k!!!

i thought supra TT engines dont last that long, i know turbos go at around 100k-150k , tranny should last about that long if taken care of.

Here are some of the things i bet will go bad on the car. He doesnt have a new engine or new tranny all stock, he said he took care of it, but...

piston rings, cam bearings, crank bearings, fuel pump, water pump, oil pump, tranny and clutch. timing chain, radiaotor, turbos, front hub bearings, rear hub bearings, shocks, rear end, all the rubber used for suspension and sway bars etc...

i mean at 260k all of this might have to be changed, am i right? can someone add to the list or have an opinion on this and how much is this car worth with so much milage to you ?

·
Registered
659 Posts
260kmi is a lot but not SO much. I've seen cars (both diesel and gas) going *far* over that mileage without touching anything in the engine/transission.
Of course i'd have a look at the turbochargers, probably a rebuild is a good idea at that point. After that i'd change all the suspension bushings, sway bars bushings, most of the rubber things (hoses etc..) and would put on a strut bar to help the "old" 260kmi chassis.

Oh wel... no, i wouldn't pay $19k for a 260kmiles car. maybe $15 is fair, but not $19k!

·
Registered
270 Posts
This car is just another testiment to Toyota engineering. Think about it. When was the last time you saw any other sports car out there with that kind of mileage and nothing has gone wrong with it? I could not even fathom a Viper or Corvette making it to 260,000 miles. It just amazes me how well these cars are built.

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
if the car is half way decent looking, meaning the paints not shitty, the interiors not messed up and it runs fine without any issues then i would say around 12k would be fair... now if it needs work in these area's on top of possible parts replacment that will be needed because of the higher milage, then i would say it would drop the price down into the single digits(7-9k) thats just my opinion though..

jay

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
msivyhuynh said:
This guy is asking $19k+ for his supra with 261,000 miles i think he is crazy and i told him that he better go down on the price, but dang 261k!!!

i thought supra TT engines dont last that long, i know turbos go at around 100k-150k , tranny should last about that long if taken care of.

Here are some of the things i bet will go bad on the car. He doesnt have a new engine or new tranny all stock, he said he took care of it, but...

piston rings, cam bearings, crank bearings, fuel pump, water pump, oil pump, tranny and clutch. timing chain, radiaotor, turbos, front hub bearings, rear hub bearings, shocks, rear end, all the rubber used for suspension and sway bars etc...

i mean at 260k all of this might have to be changed, am i right? can someone add to the list or have an opinion on this and how much is this car worth with so much milage to you ?

The car is worth what someone will pay. If the car doesn't meet your criteria then move onto another one. There are a few salvaged title ones that sell for low teens.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
It would have to be immaculate for $19k. I doubt it is.

·
Very Senior Member
10,054 Posts
Chucky Doll said:
The car is worth what someone will pay. If the car doesn't meet your criteria then move onto another one. There are a few salvaged title ones that sell for low teens.
Agreed.
I would leave a lot of money on the table to replace stuff.
If it looks great otherwise, I would go $12-14K. :dunno:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts