Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
how old is that video? I just remember there being more stuff on the other side of the track last time I was down in vegas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Red C5 said:
It's unfortunate that you have to do all that work to the NSX in order to run low 120mph traps.:(
and C5 came out 7 years after NSX with 5.7 liter pushrod starwar technology trapping over 120mph stock? :(

·
former SVB
1,155 Posts
That explains it. The NSX I bonded with one weekend was a MY00, 6speed. My friend still can't get the smell of pussy out of the leather.

doug said:
not anymore my good friend.. the platinum diggers are starting to go for MY00 (Model Year 2000) or better on cars these days..

·
Supra + DSM = heaven
3,946 Posts
holy fuck a resleeved fully built *STROKER* engine a motec and a turbo kit to run an 11.55?!?! how can you compare that to a vette try a stock Z06 + bolt ons. Even a 4 banger DSM can run 11s on a stock motor at 12x traps supras run mid 11s with BPU and a small shot *shrug* trapping 122 is not uncommon for a pure BPU car. I had really hoped for something better from a heavily modded NSX

S

·
0 Posts
gixxer_drew said:
holy fuck a resleeved fully built *STROKER* engine a motec and a turbo kit to run an 11.55?!?! how can you compare that to a vette try a stock Z06 + bolt ons. Even a 4 banger DSM can run 11s on a stock motor at 12x traps supras run mid 11s with BPU and a small shot *shrug* trapping 122 is not uncommon for a pure BPU car. I had really hoped for something better from a heavily modded NSX
Actually it's just an over bore not a stroker but I'd like to see more also. 2/10's is an easy over bore on 3+ liter engines. I've gotten 2/10's out of some 2L's

·
Registered
4 Posts
Holy fuck if you had hoped for more you should've designed something yourself. I had really hoped for something better from this since it was designed for straight line speed and mod potential.

·
Administrator
17,241 Posts
That car is wicked. I saw it in the staging lanes in Vegas and was very impressed. Damn shame it costs so much to run that quickly with an NSX though. :(

Steve T.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree that a lot of money was spent for 120 mph trap speeds, but does that mean we stop at 10 psi? Is 120 trap speeds all we can get out of her, how many supras's trap 123 at 10 psi. As most of you know the NSX wasn't built for drag racing( our car corner weighed at 50/50, ask Jeff at Progress Suspension). I just wanted to post the video to show not all NSX's are slow. And just for the record, my favorite motor we ever built is the 2jz.

·
I'm very humble.
1,399 Posts
RX7R said:
and C5 came out 7 years after NSX with 5.7 liter pushrod starwar technology trapping over 120mph stock? :(
Why are you getting all butt hurt? Is that your NSX?
I said nice work, too bad it takes so much for the NSX to run 120mph traps. Let me know if I should send you some tissues. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Red C5 said:
Why are you getting all butt hurt? Is that your NSX?
I said nice work, too bad it takes so much for the NSX to run 120mph traps. Let me know if I should send you some tissues. :)
Can't stick with car talks any more? Keep the tissues and no need to project your own feeling on others.:rolleyes:

·
I don't cry, I work out
770 Posts
RX7R said:
Good thing his C5 would rape that NSX.

BTW, RedC% do you have that video of you racing the 6xxRWHP mustang? I love to hear your exhaust note

·
Supra + DSM = heaven
3,946 Posts
RX7R said:
Holy fuck if you had hoped for more you should've designed something yourself. I had really hoped for something better from this since it was designed for straight line speed and mod potential.

I have designed faster shit myself on less boost and less displacement.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts