Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The recent past race event at Buttonwillow, Steve A.'s Supra took pole position and at the Willow Springs' big track he's going to be just as competitive. The weekend after 4th of July if anyone is still free and wanna come out and show some support for a fellow Supra owner, this will be where it's at!!! There'll also be his buddy Jack with a race RX-7 that's quite a machine as well.

Here's a link to Willow Springs' direction link:

http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/visitorinformation/directions.asp

·
OG
754 Posts
what time does the event start?

im gonna try to make it out to watch

·
Old School
4,126 Posts
I'll try to make it on Saturday.

·
Registered
374 Posts
He is worried about summer heat but is going this weekend? It will probably be 110-115 in the shade this weekend in Rosemond....

·
Feck Off My Internets
1,157 Posts
Ill be there with a few other supra guys... I have a Red MKIV and my buddy will also be there with his Yellow TT Mkiv... and my other friend will be there with his 91 MkIII with a 1j swap. We are all gonna be rollin together so drop by our little tent and say hi. My name is Dan btw.

P.S. We are only going to be there on the 8th... hope to see ya there! :sadance:

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
shall we make it a little meet?

pre-vegas bash?

·
Feck Off My Internets
1,157 Posts
sounds like a plan.. its 1am and I just finished putting on new rotors/pads/ bled the brakes and put some good ol Motul in along with a radiator flush.. Im Freakin Tired and got 4 hours till i have to be up in order to get at the gates by 7am.. hi five for last minute preps!

·
Feck Off My Internets
1,157 Posts
so might I just ask who was the Black TT running in the Speed Trial USA event with me in class C. Just wanted to say whats up since I didnt get a chance to stop by due to my car having several issues like... oh well broken radiator cap which was allowing the water to boil over due to not holding pressure. I still was able to put the heat on some peeps though :D Anyways had fun and was just wondering who it was and if you were on the forums here.

Latez,
Dan

·
Feck Off My Internets
1,157 Posts
yea.. the temps were rediculous hot yesterday on the track. By the end of the day my tires felt like slicks covered in butter. I had a blast and hopefully next event I will be running new shocks, full road race tires on wider rims and my new TRD LSD.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi SupraMang,
I'm glad to see you got out there in that tire-melting heat. More importantly, how did your engine do after a few hard fast laps - what temps did you see? I'm glad to see that you'll be improving your car's tires and suspension for next time. Thats all I've been doing each time out over the last 3 years, just chipping away at the issues. I heard Jack (RX7) clocked a mind-blowing 1:24.3 during qualifying (10:00 am) on Sunday but couldn't get under 1.25.5 during the heat of the race. Very fast indeed - I've got my work cut out for me here.
Thanks to everyone again for your support as we are proud to represent the baddest car on the planet - and the best part is - we all own one! Take care!

Steven A.
Supra Racing Team

·
Feck Off My Internets
1,157 Posts
my engine was just a tad hotter than normal... but that was only due to having my radiator cap bust in the middle of the run. The spring broke off and cause all my fluids to boil out right as I was done with my run. I made a quick trip to the local auto store with some buddies and picked up a new cap and poof! Heat problems gone! Was very weird that this happened but... ive seen odder things. Jack was screaming down the track and definately leaving everyone in the dust. Me and a few other buddies between heats would watch him from the sidelines and my god.. that thing is fast as all hell. Was a blast and a bunch of us are gonna find out when the next road race event is in august for my B-Day. Doin a road race event in celebration so would be cool to see some more peeps make it out this time and have a blast!

p.s. My car will be much more dialed in for next event and hope to really step it up this time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts