Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after reading around the seal on my 97 TT booster is leaking . When I turn the car off I hear a hissing noise in-between the master and booster for a solid 15 seconds . New master , pads and rotors and now this issue . I was wondering is there a seal I can just buy or do I need to change the whole booster ?im not spending what their asking for a Supra booster so was wondering what other boosters fit on our cars ?thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
I also looked for over a year for a replacement brake booster on my 94TT. I thought the Aisin booster from an LS400 looked similar, but didn’t buy it since the pedal rod looked shorter. After Toyota started selling new brake boosters under their heritage parts, I bought a new one instead. Seemed best to go with one I knew would fit out of the box.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also looked for over a year for a replacement brake booster on my 94TT. I thought the Aisin booster from an LS400 looked similar, but didn’t buy it since the pedal rod looked shorter. After Toyota started selling new brake boosters under their heritage parts, I bought a new one instead. Seemed best to go with one I knew would fit out of the box.
Yeah I’m looking for an interchangeable one or a seal I can take one off of

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,874 Posts
OP, where your finger is pointing is just a paper gasket between the booster and the master cylinder. There shouldn't be any fluid or air captured in that area. The hissing you're hearing is probably from inside the booster, although it may be escaping through a small gap there.

Anyway, I seem to remember hearing that there's a guy/company in Florida that rebuilds our brake boosters. You might try searching for that.

Reactions: NOLAGG
1 - 4 of 4 Posts