Supra Forums banner

Supra brake calipers polished ***PICS INSIDE***

5K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  1A1 
#1 ·
I have some brake calipers pretty much ready to ship out next week and thought you guys might be interested in seeing them. Let me know your thoughts on this:

#5 ·
Re: Tony

HanSolo said:
Tony, how much are you asking to get those done, or for those ones you have? Remember I has said I wanted to do that to mine?
You will have to e-mail me at tt_6spd_95@hotmail.com for a price...the moderators do not want to see prices on here.

Thanks

#8 ·
rwsupra.com said:
Tony, isn't that second pic the front caliper and the first pic the rear one?

Ryan
OOPS...you are right...sorry about that. I will change it.:)

Take Care

#12 ·
wrmg3 said:
those look bad ass. is there a way you can put the supra logo in the middle of em in black?? like all shiny and then it says supra on black??

-Bill
That would be up to the owner...I am sure it could be done though. There is actually someone out there on MKIV that has the stencils for the Supra logo for the brakes.

Take Care

#13 ·
blacksupra94 said:
Wow very nice. Some people have told me that when you do that they can rust? Is this true? Or do you put some kinda protectent on it?
If you let water sit on the steel parts they will, but otherwise no. If you coat them with a protectant than the water shouldn't harm them at all.

Later

#15 ·
wow, all i can say is .. stunning. i tried to polish my calipers a while back. the rears were easy - they were aluminum, but the fronts were a pain in the ass since they are iron, and i coudl get no smoother than a dull stainless finish. this is spectacular!

#18 ·
damn, tony looks great. first i try to beat your stock twin record [which will fall asap] and now i have been doin some polishing and such ,and i now see u are ahead of me there as well.ive done mine a while back and now they seem to tarnish a bit over the time. but your look like a mirror finish.wow great job man.are u still doin n20 bottles also?they came out perfect also.just wanted to say great job man.:D

#20 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone for the compliments...I am glad you all like them.:)

drift tt 23 - Thanks....I still do nitrous bottles if you are interested. In fact I just got done with one and it looks shiny as he$$ too.:D Polishing steel isn't as easy as aluminum, but the shine comes out just as good.:) :cool:
As far as the stock twin turbo record goes...going by your sig...it doesn't look like you have very far to go.:eek:

Later

#22 ·
I polished my calipers a while ago and if you do not coat the fronts with something they will rust fairly quickly and look like shit. I tried a few different things to coat them with but all of them resulted in a dull and somewhat discolored finish. I am not trying to detur anyone from getting this done, but you would be dissapointed if you spent all this money and the fronts started to look like crap in a week.

Mike

#26 ·
Holy crap, I thought I was good at polishing, but that is amazing. Is this a side business? I'd like to get my valve covers, intake manifold, and t/b polished, turbo piping too perhaps. Good work.

Steve K.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.