Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All!
Once you get by the bug, you'll always have that craving for another Supra! Just as many of us have experienced post supra sale regret, I did for about 5 years. This January, I was fortunate enough to find another. I purchased her sight unseen just solely on description and pictures. Mark, who was its sole owner, was honest to the T about anything and everything that had to do with the car. Gave me the car's entire story from the time he purchased her and their journey from SoCal to Hawaii. After securing the deal, the car made a 3 week trek from Hawaii back to SoCal. Its been 10 months since purchase and has gone through a little TLC. Enough of my short rant, here's my 1993 Toyota Supra TT 6-Speed!

Not this one...
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

The one that got away 馃槩馃槶馃槩

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Wheel Tire

Stud!

Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Day 1
100% Bone Stock 1993 TT 6 Speed

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

TE37s sitting on HKS Hipermax IV Coilovers

Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Automotive lighting
Slight makeover with the Euro Headlights
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

3k wet sand + buff + polish + ceramic coat

If anyone has a TRD Gen II Exhaust, let me know 馃槆

Thanks!

Super Moderator
Very NICE!

Welcome back.

Ken.

Reactions: ToyRocket

Smith & Wesson Member
Congrats! - I met the owner on Oahu - He spoke about his car, that was on his home Island of Kauai.

Registered
Congrats! Very nice!

Lately been tempted to ditch my Supra for an ND Miata but seeing threads like this remind me I'd never be able to afford another MKIV. Truly a dilemma.

Boost Junkie
Congrats! Glad to see it went to someone that will cherish it.

Steve

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats! - I met the owner on Oahu - He spoke about his car, that was on his home Island of Kauai.
I think I spent almost an hour on the phone with him. Mark is a stand up guy. I had planned on seeing the car in person before purchase, but restrictions made it very difficult to take a week off work

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats! Very nice!

Lately been tempted to ditch my Supra for an ND Miata but seeing threads like this remind me I'd never be able to afford another MKIV. Truly a dilemma.
The ND is a very nimble chassis. I had the opportunity to drive one at Streets of Willow. It serves its purpose as an out of the box track car, but I wouldn't be able to justify selling your Supra for an ND 馃槵

Super Moderator
I remember seeing that exact car listed for sale, and lusting for it immensely! Nice catch!

Alpine Silver, TE37's, HKS coilovers... what's not to love :love:

*God Bless the USA*
Very nice. Looks stunning. Congrats and welcome back

Hardcore Night Warrior
I like the photo re-creation for current times.

Do you remember what the first Supra was like for you when you got it? What was it like during the early 90's? Did you have any or drove any other notable cars at the time to compare it to? How does that feeling compared to the current one? I of course realize that may be too long ago to remember. Thanks if you got this far anyways.

Reactions: sworley

Administrator
Great buy, congrats, and welcome back to the fold.

Registered
Very nice! Last shot is perfect. Love the TE37s. Def a keeper (y)

Registered
Gorgeous car. I'm used to seeing Supra's with aftermarket bumpers, wings, lips etc but whenever I see a completely clean, stock body Supra rolling on the factory 17's I really am reminded of how beautiful these cars are.

Love the TE37's. Are they glass headlights?

Reactions: sworley

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I like the photo re-creation for current times.

Do you remember what the first Supra was like for you when you got it? What was it like during the early 90's? Did you have any or drove any other notable cars at the time to compare it to? How does that feeling compared to the current one? I of course realize that may be too long ago to remember. Thanks if you got this far anyways.
Let's see if I can answer your questions...Before I purchased my 1st Supra, I had one other experience with another Supra. This was about 15 years ago. I was 19 yrs old at the time, lusting for one :devilish: I was fortunate enough to test drive a 97 APU Supra. This was my first time ever being in a Supra, non the less actually test driving one. If I remember correctly, it was around 600-650whp. I was instantly hooked, like a drug! From that day on, I was searching for my own. Approximately 8 years ago was when I purchased my 95 Super White TT. I remember thinking, "This car is slow af, but looks damn good doing it" :ROFLMAO: So that answers your first question.

I wouldn't know what the car was like during the 90's as I was only 13 yrs old in 1999.

One notable car that I could compare a stock tt supra with is a stock tt rx7. The rx7 felt a little bit quicker.

When I got my first one, I instantly started modding her. I couldn't get passed the fact that a new Camry was faster than a stock tt supra (I might be exaggerating a bit, but it sure felt like it). I got her to a BPU+ and was happy. Compared to my current supra, its obviously much slower because it's completely stock, but I'm happy with it. I guess as I got older, I appreciate the car for what it is rather than what it can be (a high HP monster).

I hope this answers your questions

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great buy, congrats, and welcome back to the fold.
Thank you Sir! Glad to be back:cry:

Very nice! Last shot is perfect. Love the TE37s. Def a keeper (y)
I felt the TEs were a perfect match and period correct 馃挭

Gorgeous car. I'm used to seeing Supra's with aftermarket bumpers, wings, lips etc but whenever I see a completely clean, stock body Supra rolling on the factory 17's I really am reminded of how beautiful these cars are.

Love the TE37's. Are they glass headlights?
Yes! Was fortunate enough to get a brand new set straight from Toyota

Registered
Yes! Was fortunate enough to get a brand new set straight from Toyota
Exceptionally fortunate. Do you mind me asking which dealer? I've been looking for some for quite some time but they have been discontinued. Pm is fine.

Reactions: JOutterbridge

Registered
Welcome back, @ToyRocket. I have a similar story of not being able to shake the desire and got back in about a year ago - also into an alpine silver. I REALLY like the TE37's. Nice choice.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts