Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 1427 Posts

·
Building, Not Dismantling
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We now have a Supra club in Mobile! We had a BBQ today at Municipal park. So far we have 5 members. If you would like to join, please let me know.

1. Scott - 90 Turbo Grey- ForcedTorque
2. Jim - 88 Turbo Black- N2FISHN69
3. Mike - MKIII Turbo - Boss 302
4. Jeromy - MKIV SP63 Single Turbo Baltic Blue - TTBalticBlueMKIV
5. Bill - MKIV T04R Single Turbo Black/Blue Pearl - blksupratt
6. James - 87 Turbo Pearl White

Our goal is to put together as many Supras (all 4 generations N/A and Turbo) as we can, so we can all help each other with our cars when help is needed. We have 5 members now, and hope to have at least 2 more MKIII's and 2 more MKIV's soon. Jim also knows someone with an MKII we can probably get. We all also know of other Supras, but we will need to meet their drivers and invite them. So, that's probably 10 members pretty quick, and maybe we can push it to 15-20. We plan to also add other cars in the future.

·
Registered
454 Posts
scott sorry I had to miss it but I got to the bottom of my problems (master cylinder) so hopefully we can get a new one this week and I can go out next week. By the way mine is a T04r now just wanted to clarify as I recently upgraded it.

Bill

·
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was about to ask that myself. We should try to all meet up out there tonight.......Weather Permitting

·
Mobile's Only NA-T Neon
343 Posts
Sorry to change the thread, I know most of you know Bill and have either seen my car or heard of it. Check out members rides and the post about the Neon. Thanks.

·
Mobile's Only NA-T Neon
343 Posts
Hopefully I'll be seeing you guys out next Sat. or the one after that.

·
Mobile's Only NA-T Neon
343 Posts
We should all try to get together on Sat. night, I should have my car back!!!!! I'll have my son and be on break-in miles, so no boost for me!!!!

·
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats Bill on the new times! I hate I couldn't be there. I'm definitely doing something next week. This weekend is out for me.

·
Registered
454 Posts
well I don't know if I am gonna make it next week since it appears I finally overpowered the clutch and it is giving out big now, so I have to find a whole new set-up now.

bill

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
good times

Bill sounds like you are really getting the car down , lowering your numbers like that , i ran down the track at mobile with mine and super shitty tires spun the hole way down .... .never picked up a decent set of rubber until i tore the car all the way down, not it just sits there with brand new wheels and tires , and two inches of dust , in a warehouse in prichard..... no kidding.... maybe i can get out and meet you guys soon , ill even call the other old supraowner bamadave out .... Terry

·
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think I'm going out there tonight. My car is finally running pretty damn good, and i want to see how it will do. I've already heard that Jim and Bill can't make it, but haven't heard from anybody else. I'm not leavin the house til about 8, but I'll be out there.

·
Registered
454 Posts
aight guys thanks for the comments I got my car back together tonight and will maybe make it out there next weekend for one last practice before we head to the 1/4 mile on the 30th. I am looking for 6's next time as long as nothing developes, I still have 5-6 psi to go before I am running the same boost as I was 2 weeks ago. so I hope to see some of you there and at the 1/4 on the 30th.

bill

·
Mobile's Only NA-T Neon
343 Posts
I hopefully will make the 1/4 mile, I have an oil leak "issue" that needs to be fixed.

·
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well so much for running so much better! It ran great for a day and a half, then started acting up on the way to the track. It would give me check engine lights on hard runs, and would choke me with gas smell and stall if I boosted then let off hard. I also was getting only 9lbs instead of the 12lbs I had been getting without any adjustment. Any ideas???

Anyway, I ran it 3 times, and it did do a little better than before check engine light and all. First run was 8.95, and last two were both 8.72 (time for saturday runs haha). I pulled a .06 light, and got my 60 foot down to 2.20.

Pretty sure I'm gonna make the 1/4 mile trip, but probably will not be able to go in a caravan :tear: I'm still having trouble getting hot on long runs. I'll leave early, and make the trip in short sections. It cools quickly if I come off of highway speeds for a minute (oposite of BHG/fingers crossed). Does fine long term at non highway speeds. How much (if any) of hwy 90 is open. I could make good time if I could stay on 90 most of the way.

1 - 20 of 1427 Posts