Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have, or know the whereabouts of a CT-26 Compressor Map?

Thanks in advance,

ThrobbinV8.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Far as I know, there is none available. I think compressor maps are for a certain type of wheel. I believe the CT has something like a 40 or 48 trim wheel.

I'm not to sure of this. If someone can clarify what size wheel the Ct has stock, please do.

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Hi Adam,
Unfortunately no one has ever been able to find a compressor map for the CT26 and probably the only person to ever have one is the engineer at Toyota who helped design the turbo system. My understanding is that the CT26 is the second largest single turbo on a production car, second to the Buick Grand National. But all the above is heresay. What I do know is that the CT26 has the following internal specs:

~35 lbs/min mass flow, 1.811” inducer, 2.559” exducer

Using the inducer/exducer dimensions, the stock CT26 is sized between a T3 60-trim and a T3 “super” 60-trim, and their charts can be viewed at www.majesticturbo.com.

I am still learning how to match a single turbo to a given engine and haven't ventured into calcs for a dual setup, so I am afraid I would do more harm that good if I tried doing the math on a twin turbo setup.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
couldnt have said better myself paddlenbike...however i blieve the ct-26 is THE largest turbo ever put on a production car......however i might be misinformed as well....

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info guys (except for the self righteous tosser that told me to SEARCH - as if I hadn't!!!)

Best wishes,

ThrobbinV8.

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
throbbinv8 said:
Thanks for the info guys (except for the self righteous tosser that told me to SEARCH - as if I hadn't!!!)

Best wishes,

ThrobbinV8.
Whoa! First, no name calling, you are out of line for that. You know nothing about me or who I help on/off the forums. I think most who know of me will agree that I am polite and enjoy helping/ learning whenever I can. I believe in excellent forum edicate and I have been known to be a "mediator" of the forums during some of my more boring evenings. Excuse me for tellng somebody to "search" just because they can ...but yet still doing the search for them and linking to the results.

Second, this is either only the first or second time that I have made a "search" post in my time spent on several forums for over a year. Some people seem to make "search" posts more than anything else.

Third, it is difficult to believe that you searched (which is why this is one of the few cases where I would actually tell somebody "search" as a first response) because this info was AT THE TOP of the mk3 technical section ... AND because of the following example: Example: One search for: CT26 Compressor Map.
Example 2: One search for: "CT26 MAP".
The latest topic about it had just started (so I was just a little surprised that it was so easily overlooked). Various results will come of various spelling and word organization when running a search. Use god/specific key words and try to spell them different/switch the order/add puctuation if you don't get the results that you are looking for.

Fourth, I am probably part of the reason why the topic I linked to started because I "pushed the envelope" when Shawndude started plotting maps that seemed to yeild information that would lead to make some believe that the ct26 50trim upgrade is far superior than any other of the various upgrades. I commented about it frequently and everywhere that a comment about it fit and I asked Shawn to start a thread on it, then it became slightly more popular and paddelenbike figured out some maps of his own that contradicted Shawn's material ... and the three of us asked for a topic to start (from a conversation at SM).

Fifth, atleast I gave you the link and didn't just tell you to "search", many of the people who often make "search" posts ... just spell search and try to get the thread locked.

Once again, you just registered here, please don't call people names ever ... especially when you know nothing about them.

I apologize if I offended you by asking you to use the resources that all of us have been asked to use before as well. I think that all of us have been given the "search" comment atleast once, and many of us weren't luck enough to have the same post have the search results in it for us and we had to search. I felt like people were rude at first too when I saw posts like that, but then I realized that everone has a real life to attend to and thewy take precious time out of that busy life of theirs to attend to people on the forums. When you see a question that you know the person who asked could have found for themselves and you tell them to search, it is like "tough love" because we want you to become atleast somewhat independent and develop a habit of searching before postsing. These archives have so much information that there are very few questions left to ask that don't have searchable answers already posted. One might find some answers and ask for further conversation about them, but you can find a lot of answers if you search with good key words and look carefully. Whe you search and find an answer for yourself, it feels good and you don't have to post questions that have been asked before and have people explain to you that it would be good to search because it has been covered.

Bottom line: Did I not link you to the thread that contained the information that was pertinent to your specific question? Did I not try to help you become more indepedent by explaining that results are easily found by searching? My post was almost the most informative of all because the info I linked to answered your specific question. If I had more time when I posted it then I would have explained more about what I was linking to, BUT STILL, because of the excellent support that we have on these forums ... even though I didn't have time ... paddelenbike posted after me to give you a preface/introduction/explanation of the thread that I linked to that contained the information that you asked for. The rest of the posts were actually what we call a "thread hijacking" where a thread will get into tangent conversations about things other than the specific question/discussion that started (they started talking about the theory that the ct26 was the largest factory turbo ever made ... which has been discussed several times as well and one could find more info on if they searched).

Feel free to let any/all of us know whenever you need any help/info etc. We will do our best to answer your questions if we have time.

I PMed you some other info that has recently been controversial to post on SupraForums due to new advertising rules. Check your Private Messages.

Best regards.

EDITS: Due to horrible spelling/grammar/punctuation at 6am.

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
Thermactor said:
the grand national had a pretty big turbo.
:drooling: :drooling: aaggghhhhh..... grand national.... :drooling:

·
Registered
275 Posts
grand national came with a custom wheel, but the t04b s3 wheels is almost identical in all aspects. It is rated at 37lbs/min but has easily been pushed to 40lbs/min. GN guys push them to 22-24psi, but they are out of effeciency.

This wheel works great on almost any car < 3.0 liters. I use to have one on my 89 probe turbo.

The CT26 is a pretty big stock turbo, after all, it does let the supra make 300 whp.

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
I sent throbbinv8 a little PM for further information. Below is his reply to my PM and my reply to his. Just some thread-wrap-up info for those that were keeping track and to let you know that he apologized.
throbbinv8 wrote on 11-19-2003 12:21 PM:
I'm really not used to this Politically Correct crap where big brother dictates membership suspensions and whether useful links can be advertised. Seems to defeat everything positive about forums.
Yep. Oh well. Rules are rules.

I was only pulling your pisser in the post and didn't mean any serious offence (maybe just a little).
Oh you meant it alright, so don't try to say you didn't :p ;)

I'd already read the post you referred to (by paddle something) and PM'd him for info. He was talking in terms of modded CT-26's and I was looking for Junkyard standard ones.
I think my link and paddelenbike's responses to you gave the same information.
Paddelenbike's response:
What I do know is that the CT26 has the following internal specs:

~35 lbs/min mass flow, 1.811” inducer, 2.559” exducer

Using the inducer/exducer dimensions, the stock CT26 is sized between a T3 60-trim and a T3 “super” 60-trim, and their charts can be viewed at www.majesticturbo.com.
Paddelenbike's post in the thread that I linked to before he replied to you:
Here are a few more compressor stats:

Using the inducer/exducer dimensions, the stock CT26 is sized between a T3 60-trim and a T3 “super” 60-trim, which flow between 34 and 36 lbs/min, respectively. Given that, the stock CT26 wheel should flow about 35 lbs/min.

Stock – ~35 lbs/min (1.811” inducer, 2.559” exducer – 2.185” avg.)
SO, essentially, we both gave you the same information and I got it to you quicker. As I said before, the rest of the thread is off-topic.;)

Anyways I think I'll be taking the Holset route on my Trans Am and fitting a pair of H1E's. If they work OK I'll get back to the forum (and without plugging H*lset too much) describe my findings.
Cool. We'll listen to the descriptions. Good luck.

Thanks for the link info - I'll take a look at it after work and sign up. Thanks anyway you've earned your apology.

Best wishes,

ThrobbinV8. :p
Your welcome for the *infoi*.

I "earned my apology" long before were typing the words to call me a name. I just had to write you back to prove it to you/so you could understand how I "earned" it.
:D :p ;)

My best regards to you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts