Supra Forums banner
81 - 100 of 118 Posts
Tony,

With the time change, is the get together time the same as it was (7-10, approximately)?

Ken.

Discussion starter · #93 ·
For those wondering.

Meet is still on for tonight. Light traffic out there, daylight is out longer. ill be there by 7:30pm

I was tempted to cancel the meet, I've decided to not cancel. As of now there seems to be no rain in Downey.
Everyone needs a break from all the madness and a car meet always seems to be a great getaway. Listening and discussing builds, dreams, goals, always makes the world go away for a bit. Helps motivate me in my build ambitions. Bonus of getting to drive the Supra there and back is always a treat in it self.
I'm unclear if Bobs will have the dinning room open but at least they do have a drive thru and I'm sure they seen a decline in sales like most other business so as always i suggest you purchase something from them to help support the business and allowing us to host our meet with no issues.

This is the 2yr anniversary of the meet and were still going strong. first one was March 2018.

For those wondering.

Meet is still on for tonight. Light traffic out there, daylight is out longer. ill be there by 7:30pm

I was tempted to cancel the meet, I've decided to not cancel. As of now there seems to be no rain in Downey.
Everyone needs a break from all the madness and a car meet always seems to be a great getaway. Listening and discussing builds, dreams, goals, always makes the world go away for a bit. Helps motivate me in my build ambitions. Bonus of getting to drive the Supra there and back is always a treat in it self.
I'm unclear if Bobs will have the dinning room open but at least they do have a drive thru and I'm sure they seen a decline in sales like most other business so as always i suggest you purchase something from them to help support the business and allowing us to host our meet with no issues.

This is the 2yr anniversary of the meet and were still going strong. first one was March 2018.
Tony,

I think holding the meet tonight, and for the foreseeable future, is inadvisable for reasons that are all too obvious. Plus, it flies in the face of the advice from our national, state and local public health and medical professionals. I received a text late last week from a Supra buddy who is a practicing physician, as is his wife, and his advice was crystal clear. Shelter in place and avoid gatherings of all types.

The wife of a very good friend had her mother pass unexpectedly and the Celebration of Life ceremony that was scheduled for this coming Saturday has been cancelled because of the Coronavirus. I do not believe any of us could ever forgive ourselves if, somehow, we contracted the virus and spread it to others, including family and dear friends.

Let's do the right thing and reconvene sometime in the future when authorities have cleared areas for such gatherings, enabling us to congregate in safer circumstances and in a safer environment.

Ken.

Reactions: briankallaher
Discussion starter · #95 ·
I left it up to Bob's, The Meet will be postponed.
Called bobs and they are only doing take out and the owner asked if we can respect the spot and not to pull up till further notice. Unless we are just going to buy and the leave.

Discussion starter · #96 ·
ANNNNNDDDD WERE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talked with Management, they are officially open for business & have their okay to host our meet again just in time as Next Tuesday is the 3rd of the month

See you guys next week 6/16

Discussion starter · #99 ·
FYI for anyone who is interested. We also do Supra's & Coffee Meet every Sunday starts at 8am also in Downey at Coffee Bean 9516 Lakewood Blvd, Downey, CA 90240
we started doing this earlier in the year and slowly growing, sometimes we end up going for a cruise.
I will create another post for this

81 - 100 of 118 Posts