Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,
Here is your invite to meet some other local supra owners in SoCal. This is not one of those ratchet meets/takeovers. It is a dinner and car meet, will get booths/tables in a grouped section. Have spoken with management and got approval to host our monthly meet. Our first meet we hosted here we had about 17 supras and expect to grow. No public posts on social media will be made advertising the date/time of the meet to avoid unwanted particpants. Feel free to msg ( preferably IG @supra_tony for quicker response) or comment here with any questions or concerns.

Address: 7447 Firestone Blvd, Downey, CA 90241
Time: 8pm untill the last supra leaves.
Date: Every 3rd Tuesday of the month.
Next meet:

1/21/20
2/18/20
3/17/20

Bigboy supra meet by @supra_tony, on Flickr

·
Super Moderator
10,278 Posts
Tony

What's the law enforcement presence like in Downey?

Ken.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tony

What's the law enforcement presence like in Downey?

Ken.
I drive thru Downey on my way to and from work, do see police often. Its Downey PD not a CHP. I would say it's well patrolled i never had any personal encounters with them in the last 2years of commuting.
I hope you can make it out Ken.

·
Super Moderator
10,278 Posts
I drive thru Downey on my way to and from work, do see police often. Its Downey PD not a CHP. I would say it's well patrolled i never had any personal encounters with them in the last 2years of commuting.
I hope you can make it out Ken.

Just want to make sure we talking about the same thing (I should have been clearer in my earlier post). I was referring specifically to law enforcement and Supras. Do you commute through Downey in your Supra? I don't much about Downey from that perspective, but some law enforcement agencies don't bother you when arrangements have been made with ownership/management and other agencies use the gathering to cherry pick like that Orange County deal many years ago that did not end well. Thanks for looking out.

Ken.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Just want to make sure we talking about the same thing (I should have been clearer in my earlier post). I was referring specifically to law enforcement and Supras. Do you commute through Downey in your Supra? I don't much about Downey from that perspective, but some law enforcement agencies don't bother you when arrangements have been made with ownership/management and other agencies use the gathering to cherry pick like that Orange County deal many years ago that did not end well. Thanks for looking out.

Ken.
Yes i commute with my supra currently my stock auto. when the 2jzna-t was running (approx 8mo) i daily that one with no issues and it's not so quite bov to atmosphere and WG with screamer pipe. also occasionally drive my 240 which also is not so quite and is very noticeable (widebody bucket seats 4point harness n roll bar the whole 9). I wasnt around the for the OC issue, then again i just avoid the OC all together :) The bigboy in downey is a regular host to differnt car clubs. Ive seen all classic mustang, all vw & old bombs/classics. And talking to management they are more than happy to accomidate even mentiond they can save parking immediate parking surrounding the restaurant so we can do group pics. It's common sense things they asked no reving/burn outs & keep the noisr level down when leaving as there's houses on the back side of it
Hope to see more supras with every dinner/meet i believe this is the place to do it and as long as we self police each other should be no issues. .

·
Super Moderator
10,278 Posts
Tony,

Thanks for the clarification. Like you, I also avoid Orange County. I appreciate the good work you have done here and posed the questions not only for myself, but for other interested owners as well. Arrangements with management, and no posting on FB, augur well for the event's success.

Don't know if I can make the next event, but it is a good thing for me it occurs on the third Tuesday of the month. I will stay in touch with you going forward so we can coordinate accordingly. Thanks again.

Ken.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tony,

Thanks for the clarification. Like you, I also avoid Orange County. I appreciate the good work you have done here and posed the questions not only for myself, but for other interested owners as well. Arrangements with management, and no posting on FB, augur well for the event's success.

Don't know if I can make the next event, but it is a good thing for me it occurs on the third Tuesday of the month. I will stay in touch with you going forward so we can coordinate accordingly. Thanks again.

Ken.
Looking forward to seeing you and any of your awesome supras again. Just trying to get supra community out n about together more then just once a year (SIV). Hope to see alot more new faces and supras.

If anyone else planing to go plz comment would be nice to see more then just amount of views and actually see who may go. Ill get some pics up of the first dinner we did.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all who made it out last month was great turn out this months meet is 4/17 hope to see more this time

1 - 20 of 92 Posts