Supra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
pretty sad when you have to put feelers out to see if you will be harassed at a once a month event by law enforcement in a car as a community most of us drive a few times a year

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
pretty sad when you have to put feelers out to see if you will be harassed at a once a month event by law enforcement in a car as a community most of us drive a few times a year
Almost a year now since we started this meet, there has been zero issues with local law enforcement and us being at the restaurant. Management has had no complaints from the neighborhood. With everyone coming and going from different directions. Only run in I know of was 1month ago, when I left the meet already a good distance away I was pulled over in my stinger due to windshield tint. Guy was chill, didn't get me for not having my plates on (still has paper plates) didn't write the front door window tint. Downey has their own PD, not policed by CHP. I think this is a good thing for the most part. The way I see it if we keep ourselfs in check and don't give them a reason to notice us we will be fine. If we become reckless and obnoxious then we WILL become a target. I've seen it before approximately 5 years ago. Big boy's has always had meets at one point was one of the best weekday meet locations, consistently having meets with over 100 cars showing up the parking lot would be full and for a good while no issues, then the whole burnout and no respect kids started showing up, the meets they were shut down quickly and the PD did not play around. After that was shutdown the random weekly meets we're no longer in Downey. Been several years now since then I haven't seen any of those Instagram weekly meets be hosted in Downey (very good thing) so for the most part we should be fine and it's up to us to keep it that way. There's at least 3 other club's that I know of which host monthly meets at bobs like us and like the manager said as long as we don't give the residents behind the restaurant a reason to call the PD we will be fine. Hope to see more Supra owners come out and meet other Supra owner's.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Not that anyone cares about my post but Oh man.... I never saw this... Really would have love to come tomorrow, I need to meet other Supra lovers.

Valentina is still not ready. I need help buttoning up the motor. My boy who was helping me had some issues so he can't come for a while.

(Anyone local to LA, North OC Area want to come help a brother out? ¿Compensation? Obviously, I gotchu)

This is super cool. My family runs a 7 eleven locally so I'm in the area fairly often.

Keep it up, guys! Hope to meet y'all soon.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,278 Posts
I've got some life wrinkles to iron out, but will do my best to be there.

Ken.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Tonight! Wow time flyes... wonder how the precipitation will pan out?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Not that anyone cares about my post but Oh man.... I never saw this... Really would have love to come tomorrow, I need to meet other Supra lovers.

Valentina is still not ready. I need help buttoning up the motor. My boy who was helping me had some issues so he can't come for a while.

(Anyone local to LA, North OC Area want to come help a brother out? ¿Compensation? Obviously, I gotchu)

This is super cool. My family runs a 7 eleven locally so I'm in the area fairly often.

Keep it up, guys! Hope to meet y'all soon.

Come thru with your daily we don't mind. I sold my 84 2months ago and my 85 jz has been down 8months, so I been showing up to the meet in my 240 or my stinger. Keeps me motivated to get Supra running again and most of all just to hang out with friends. Hope you make it out tonight

·
Registered
342 Posts
Really nice meeting some of you out there the other day. Really calm . I have not been to any car meet since 2008. This by far is the most matured one I've seen, and not to mention so many Supras (duh, it's a Supra meet!!!) Great people. Hope to see y'all again soon.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
788 Posts
it was nice to be there too, 1.5 hrs to get there form Vista was a drive... yall should schedule a cruise down to SD...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Really nice meeting some of you out there the other day. Really calm . I have not been to any car meet since 2008. This by far is the most matured one I've seen, and not to mention so many Supras (duh, it's a Supra meet!!!) Great people. Hope to see y'all again soon.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Good to meet you Gil glad you came out. Hope you get your Mk4 running soon, meanwhile feel free to come to the meet

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
it was nice to be there too, 1.5 hrs to get there form Vista was a drive... yall should schedule a cruise down to SD...
Thanks for coming out, we were just discussing this in a group chat as a possibility just need to sort out where we can go that can host 15-35 cars without any issues.
When we get something solid will create a post on here on SF.com
Open to suggestions for locations as ending point feel free to msg me

·
Registered
788 Posts
awesome, we will keep in touch.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wish I had seen this post earlier! I just moved to the high desert and am working on getting mine back together. Would have been nice to meet some of you out there. Hopefully I can make the next one!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Wish I had seen this post earlier! I just moved to the high desert and am working on getting mine back together. Would have been nice to meet some of you out there. Hopefully I can make the next one!
Just keep it check here I'll post any additional meets or cruise we host. Normally do several thru out summer. Including some beach days. It'll be separate threads but still under the socal forum

·
Super Moderator
10,278 Posts
I'll be there, and trying to bring a special guest.

Ken.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Wish I could be there again, but I need my beauty rest for the Morning PT aboard Camp Pendleton.
Those Marines really enjoy running the hills.
I hope to link up with you fellas when you decide to drive down south.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts