Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should i drive 6500miles to get a supra for 2500euros about ~2700 dollars

·
iSPOOL
1,015 Posts
As long as its legit and you think its worth your time, sure. What information do you have on it?

·
iSPOOL
1,015 Posts
Did they say why is it so cheap?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Why hasn't someone 6499 miles closer to this car bought it (at such an unbelievable price)

What's the scoop ?

Are they asking for a deposit- possibly the car is owned by a Nigerian prince who will get that paperwork right to ya as soon as payment clears (never)

Why are we talking metric price and transcontinental distances

Something is not right I'm calling bs

·
handy with the steel
350 Posts

6500 miles? That's further than driving N/S distance of the entire continent of Africa.

What are the start and end points of this journey?

·
handy with the steel
350 Posts
As the saying goes: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

I wouldnt travel all that way, much less drive, without a lot more info, pics, etc.

Have you had any contact with the seller?

·
From the land down under
3,737 Posts
Thats a lot of petrol and time invested in a maybe.

The photos appear to be typical Japanese photos too.

Unless I had some serious trust in the seller, I wouldnt be doing it (but I am cynical at the best of times)

I hope that it works out for you, regardless. Please be sure to update us on what happens. Good luck

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sounds dodgy as fuck. You will probably end up meeting a Russian version of Dahmer and being served up as Sunday lunch.

There is no way I would be travelling from Finland to Russia unless I had a lot more information, photos of the car and a video.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Not simply Russia, but Владивосток... yeah, good luck with that one. Grand Tour Special 2.0

·
From the land down under
3,737 Posts
I've flown out and drove back before. I've also flown out, checked out, shipped it back and flown back. Definitely worth it for the right car.
Ive done the same for a few Supras when I was buying mine. This thread however seems slightly less straightforward.

OP, do you have an update?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts