Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys..after seeing so many actual Legal Skylines for Sale...I've been on a Skyline trip.
My interior is Ultra Clean and then STock Leathers are in excellent shape...only a tad bit of wear on the Driver bolster.Thats it.
Heres whats done to my 1993 Hardtop 6speed TT:

Greddy T78 Turbo Kit
HKS 264 cams
Greddy 4 Row Intercooler
Greddy Power pulleys
Greddy Profec B Spec 2
HKS Racing Titanium 104mm Exhaust system
Blitz Racing Midpipe
HKS VPC (MKIV supra kit with plug n play harness)
Racelogic Traction Control system
Apexi Super AFC2
TRD Thermostat
TRD Tach
PWR Radiator
HKS Fuel Rail
Greddy 720 cc injectors
TRD Fuel Pressure regulator
Twin Walbro 255 HP fuel pumps
Custom Fuel lines & install
HKS DLI2 Ignition amplifier
Techedge Wideband
Defi D Series electronic fuel pressure gauge

93 oct @ 17psi 530whp 438Trq (dyno chart)

TRD steering wheel
Greddy 60mm Boost gauge in Clock location

TRD/RMM wing w/ carbon center
RRM front lip
98 Tails
98 Headlamps
UKDM hood scoop
-------------------------
SUSPENSION :
CCW "classic" Track Package 18x10f & 17x11.5R (285/30 Bridge S03's F and 315/35 Nitto rear)
Eibach Pro Kit
KYB adjustable
TRD Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Hawk HPS pads
TRD Sway Bars
Heres the Car's page: http://www.suprahardtopregistry.com/1993/grooms,collin/collingrooms.htm

The Skyline is a 95 Vspec GT-R w/ 16k miles on it..legalized in W.V..and Resides in V.A now...they guy has only been pulled over 1 time and as soon as the cop checked the VIN matched the Registration...all done.No Hassles @ all.
It has Basic stuff...FMIC,Exhaust,Coilovers interior is Supra clean as well as paint was repainted White a few months ago.

For this:

Aside from the fact that yeah..maybe it would be an issue to get parts if needed (not really) and Insurance depending on who will do it (prob. Hagerty's and State farm i was told)...I think it would be the Ultimate car to own.The Supra is rare (hardtops more) but if you had a chance to own a Legit/legal JDM "Godzilla"...would you.
yes it could possibly for the "JDM tyteness" of it but its white (my fav color) and Low mileage.

Just thought I'd see what some of you may say..even though it will be a little biased on here.
Thanks

·
Slow MK3
3,160 Posts
don't do it, just save up and just buy it.. Save the Supra, it will be worth even more in couple years to come since it's a Hardtop.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Both cars are sick, but just think about all of the times that you will be getting pulled over, I would stick with the supra

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
16k miles on it...and I do have a daily.
Talked to a ex-cop and asked "would you automatically think something was up on a vehicle w/ someone driving in thr Right side".... he said no...Its not that big a deal.SO long as it Inspect's thne your fine.

I agree the Hardtop is Worth more...but I would think worth a Vspec GT-R.
The guy is asking $45k obo but somewhat interested in a trade,...& only 1 state away from me (about 290miles)

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
Has the Skyline been dropping in value? When my friend picked up his R33 V-Spec in Super Clear Red, I think he paid around $58k-$55k. That was probably 3 years ago if I remember.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I wouldnt do it. If i were you I would just buy it and add it to the collection. You will miss the supra.

·
Banned
1,984 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Unless it's a Motorex or G&K car (G&K is the place that did much of the legwork for Motorex and they don't import Skylines anymore), don't bother. It may be State legal, but that doesnt mean it has had EPA and DOT compliance done. Although it's unlikely, you are a sitting duck if a federal agent catches you. I have spoken firsthand to a shop owner who had a "state-legal" Skyline (it was a GT-S, though), with Arizona tags and title, get towed out of his shop by agents. A local or state cop is one thing, but the federal government (EPA, DOT, Customs) could give two shits about having a state title if the car is not in federal compliance. See my sig if you want a truly federalized, Motorex GT-R.

·
Diehard 4G63/AWD User
666 Posts
Exactly how I feel.
Look like family cars to me.
:1poke:

You would have to be the biggest dumbass to mistake an R33 GTR V-spec for a family car! :agreed: That's like someone who doesn't know what a Supra is mistaking it for a "regular" Toyota, and not a supercar. :nono:

If that car is state and federal legal, I would get rid of the Supra in a heart beat. No question. It' is very clean. Sorry, Supras are a dime a dozen. You can always easily get another one if you wanted to. Just go to the classifieds. :wavey: It's hardly the place to ask this question since responses will be biased anyway.

·
Banned
1,984 Posts
I figured I'd piss off the fanboi's, there's nothing special abt it interior or exterior wise.
Only thing its got going for it is the drivetrain.

·
V-tec JUST KICKED IN!!!
715 Posts
I wouldn't say dime a dozen but, you will be able to pick up another supra later as opposed to trying to buy a mint condition GTR. A friend of mine owns a R32 GTR making roughly about 380-400 whp. The pull on those things are amazing. It's a better road race car. Go for the GTR and then save up for another supra.

·
The Funny Man
1,254 Posts
I love R33's...and in white = the hotness. Depending on the legalization on it (motorex, etc.) I would do it. I have always wanted to own one of those.

·
SuperMember
3,154 Posts
if it was a R34 I would do it in a heart beat .. R33 are just another maxima to me .. nothing special interior/exterior wise

·
Champagne Papi
5,697 Posts
if it was a R34 I would do it in a heart beat .. R33 are just another maxima to me .. nothing special interior/exterior wise
R33 is the best looking Skyline. The only downside to the R33 is the long wheel base and weight. I say don't do it.. but thats only because I am in love with hardtops and the fact that the car was repainted

·
Registered
693 Posts
For me, if it was an R32 GT-R, wouldn't have to even think about it. The fact that it is a legalized Vspec makes it worth it.

Go for it man, you can ALWAYS find another dawg.

Christian

·
I keep gettin' rick rolld
216 Posts
Do it, R33s are my favorite, and mix it with white and gold rims = sex.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts