Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was setting my EVC IV tonight through learning mode and once I was done I set it to something around 20 pounds.

(With my AFR's in the low 11s high 10s I didn't even worry about FCO.)

Sure enough... I hit FCO so badly the car jolted and snapped my back and neck.

Now I've busted knuckles working on this car before, but this takes the "pain-cake."

Has this ever happened to anyone?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Not while driving the car, but last night i was putting my glove box back in and i stood up and must of pinched a nerve or something and i went paralized for a couple seconds pretty scarey. I couldnt walk right for bout 30 mins.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
supra8795 said:
Not while driving the car, but last night i was putting my glove box back in and i stood up and must of pinched a nerve or something and i went paralized for a couple seconds pretty scarey. I couldnt walk right for bout 30 mins.
I must say that this turbo makes WAY more hp per psi than my 60-trim did.... and FCO is twice as violent!

If I don't feel better by tomorrow, I may go get checked out.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Dang hope its not to serious. I know what your sayin bout the turbo im running 10 pounds and it pulls harder than my 62-1 at 18 psi. Im getting a new wastegate this week cause i think the diaphram just blew on me. I defenitly need to brake pads now thats for sure.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's feeling better... it must have been a stretched muscle or something.

Sucks about your tial, it's a nice unit.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
did that the first time i set up my evc 1. didnt know where it would start changing the signal so i left it at around 2/3. hope ya feel better man!

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MKIIINA said:
did that the first time i set up my evc 1. didnt know where it would start changing the signal so i left it at around 2/3. hope ya feel better man!
lol, glad I'm not the only one.
How ridiculous is it to be hurt by driving...:lol:
I'm not even blonde.

·
what comes out the butt?
4,469 Posts
MK3Brent said:
I must say that this turbo makes WAY more hp per psi than my 60-trim did.... and FCO is twice as violent!

If I don't feel better by tomorrow, I may go get checked out.
going to your doctor and telling him you hurt your back testing how fast your car is = badass

·
I have auto ADD.
4,568 Posts
I rented an engine hoist to do my engine swap about a month ago. The guy was taking it off the truck via a liftgate, the hoist was folded up on this cart and started to fall. Well I didn't want it to hit my friends car and didn't think about how heavy it was.....

I caught it, then dropped it on the ground, my back popped and I had to stand bent over for a couple minutes it hurt so bad, felt like I got the wind knocked out of me. I couldn't life even the lightest things for the next few days. It still hurts, even when I'm just sitting here typing shit.

I think I fucked it up for life...

·
what comes out the butt?
4,469 Posts
brewster said:
I rented an engine hoist to do my engine swap about a month ago. The guy was taking it off the truck via a liftgate, the hoist was folded up on this cart and started to fall. Well I didn't want it to hit my friends car and didn't think about how heavy it was.....

I caught it, then dropped it on the ground, my back popped and I had to stand bent over for a couple minutes it hurt so bad, felt like I got the wind knocked out of me. I couldn't life even the lightest things for the next few days. It still hurts, even when I'm just sitting here typing shit.

I think I fucked it up for life...
1j > your life

obviously..

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
MK3Brent said:
lol, glad I'm not the only one.
How ridiculous is it to be hurt by driving...:lol:
I'm not even blonde.
Where did you mount your EVC IV? :D:D:D How's that thing workin out for ya?

T

·
0 Posts
Brewster,
go see a good chiropractor....I lived with pain from something similar for 2 years....docs all said "nothing we can do". When I left the chiropractors office I felt like a new man. Been pain free since, after about 6 visits.

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
Yeah throwing your back out sucks balls... i did it twice in the past 2.5 weeks... Once i just bent over to pick something up (the lifting didn't do it, just bending over) and the second time i was going to change my rear wheels. Of course, i was able to get the first 4 lug nuts off without a problem and then on the fifth my back decided to pop and give out. Well, i couldn't leave my car sitting there with only one lugnut holding the wheel on, so i had to fight the pain and torque the other 4 back down. WORST PAIN OF MY LIFE, and I've had my eye socket broken.

·
Registered
59 Posts
MK3Brent said:
I was setting my EVC IV tonight through learning mode and once I was done I set it to something around 20 pounds.

(With my AFR's in the low 11s high 10s I didn't even worry about FCO.)

Sure enough... I hit FCO so badly the car jolted and snapped my back and neck.

Now I've busted knuckles working on this car before, but this takes the "pain-cake."

Has this ever happened to anyone?
haha that happen to me at the drag strip, only hurt for a sec tho. felt almost like i hit another car :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts