Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to kill two birds with one stone here and introduce myself (being new to the forums =D ) and taking this time to show my interior modifications so far. About a month ago I did as most teenagers do and purchased there own car, I had been researching on craigs list and found this beauty, 1988 Supra na and immediately was attached. I wish I knew what I was getting into.

The stock interior being the ugly burgundy color I decided that needed to go and be replaced with a flat black semi gloss kyrlon plastic paint with dark grey carpeting to go along with it.

First things first, removal of the front seats:

Next was the back seats:

After wards the back vinyl side paneling along with the plastic coverings along the trunk:

Yay for paint fumes!

Insertion of the plastic trunk paneling:

Walmart automobile carpeting :ugh2:

Reupholstered back vinyl inserts:

Planning to be completely finished up by this weekend, comments suggestions ideas?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Pull out the dash, steering wheel and center console, paint them black now too, and do it right the first time.
I just redid mine, I'll throw up some pics soon too. I need to redo the back now.
The back looks good though.(carpet could have been a little darker)

BTW I pulled my dash out in about 30-40 min

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pull out the dash, steering wheel and center console, paint them black now too, and do it right the first time.
I just redid mine, I'll throw up some pics soon too. I need to redo the back now.
The back looks good though.(carpet could have been a little darker)

BTW I pulled my dash out in about 30-40 min
I have special paint for the vinyl ( idea taken from http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272848&highlight=dash+removal ) put yea all that stuff will be done sometime this week.

Is that handle really your shift knob? Or is it automatic haha. Welcome to the club! Im 16 and I have an 89 T 5speed.
Haha yea, I haven't gotten money for a momo shift knob yet, but it's a Hurst shifter on there right now. Thanks though!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats cool man.. what kinda paint you using?
For all of the plastic pieces, I'm using Krylon satin black plastic paint, but it takes a lot of it for good coverage.

looks good, i hated my red interior!

lol I know the feeling, heres what I did with mines

I am not done yet, I took a break its to damn cold
Any recommendations on how to remove dash more efficiently and easily? It just snowed here and I'm freezing my ass off, might have to throw in my drivers side seat and go mess around with my other friends (saab and tiburon) on the snow :gaysex:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Any recommendations on how to remove dash more efficiently and easily? It just snowed here and I'm freezing my ass off, might have to throw in my drivers side seat and go mess around with my other friends (saab and tiburon) on the snow :gaysex:[/QUOTE]

Dash removal is really easy but just time consuming, it took me about two hours but it was my first time with the MK3 and only my 2nd over all. Sorry recall all the bolt exactly but the online Manuel should be able to help you out.

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
Wow. Welcome.

Looks like its turning out pretty good. Good luck with the project.

Now lower the car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nice to see a noob getting shit done. keep it up.
lol unlike all the other noods with their "plans".

This guy > other noobs
=D

Yeah hahaha. typical noob- "just bought a MKIII. i want to do a 2jz/6spd swap, full body kit, rims, lowered, sound system. i got $5k in the bank. how should i do this?"
All that stuff will come later when I get the moolah back in the bank account, probably thinking lowering the car first, then the engine swap. I was talking to Nick Stonawski and he gave me the # to his engine guy out in Socal so hopefully I can get the good hook ups.

Progress as of today:

The dash and all of that good stuff, this thing was a bear to bull out and will definitely go in with a couple of unneccesary screws if I can help it.

Parts!:

I found it on here early, but would anybody like to point me in the way of redoing the gauge pod cluster LEDs. I site with the faces would be helpful as well.

·
Registered
80 Posts
cool dude...ur dad in to construction or carpentry?...ur lucky to have that garage and work in...its fckn cold as hell in MD and cant do shit in my lil garage

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
Goddamn, I'm to lazy to remove a dash out of a car. Let alone I get pissed off when I have to do it at work. Nissan heater cores FTL.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts