Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Ghetto Rigger Supreme
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... I sold my supra yesterday, was asking 6,500 and I got 6k. I bought a 91 mr2 turbo in august and I had to start paying it off... atleast a good chunk. Its only been a day and I miss her soooooooo bad. Well I guess this is goodbye for now. I know for a fact that won't be my last mkiii, but right now I cant afford another supra... thats for sure haha :p. It was fuuuuun while it lasted.

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
Ya bro...I went sw20 after selling my supras....but it wasnt planned...i found a 100% stock mint )sat in garage with 45k for 5450...and so i bought it and modded the F out of it...they are alot more fun to drive around town than supra...and easier to get good 1/4mile times....but man when I hop on the highway i miss my supras so badd becasue when i hit abou 120 in the mr2...it just really takes some good beans to go faster...and i always cruised at 100-120 on my way home form college and in the mr2 its around 90...but i still get 30mpg...whooooooo

peaz out
David

M

·
0 Posts
holy shit, you got alot of money for that car! congrats! i would of never paid that much for an n/a. car does look pretty damn clean

·
daredevil racecar builder
2,091 Posts
Dang man that sucks, I always liked your car. Love color and always looked clean. Good luck!

·
Ghetto Rigger Supreme
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hehe thanks a lot guys :). Its def. not my last mkiii, its just a matter of time now :). Ill be back with another mkiii. I figure Im going to try and find a writen off 89+ turbo and build it has a project. I got 6k cnd, so I guess thats 4200 us?. I guess that is a lot, I gave the guy my wheels too though. So that has to offset some of the cost of the car.

Thanks guys :)

C

·
0 Posts
shitty to see it go, but maybe when the new guy writes it off you can get it back for cheap and start the buildup :D jush kidding mang

think of how the mr2 pulls

·
Ghetto Rigger Supreme
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha Supraforums is by far the most entertaining, best forum out there. I'll never stop reading, probably wont post as much. But still :)

Johnny

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Congrats on sale and purchase.

Did you tell the new owner about the forums? I would have.

How's the MR2 coming? I intend to build up a SW20 or 2. I think the sw20 kicks a lot of butt.

Post pics/specs of your MR2 please.

MR2 boards that I have seen are not nearly as entertaining/fun/organized as the supra forums ... IMO.

I glance around at mr2owners club forums and find some god info but it seems soo less user firendly than the supra forums (SF and SM). SM's organization is far superior, but that is basically because it is an entire forums for one gen. Maybe they should have gen/model specific mr2 forums. I was actually going to write the owner of the aformentioned site/forum to advise about the use of gen specific forums but I don't want to waste my time doing that right now.

I figure, the way any forum is right now doesn't affect my ability to build the ultimate automobile. My money and time affect that. So, I could spend my time not making money and instead giving good forum advice and helping to build/organize excellent forums that will help expose options and info on building "ultimate" autos, but then I would never own one of my own. When I have more money and time, then maybe I'll be more concerned about various forums. Then again, maybe I'll just spend my time and money doing other things that do not influence a population of thousands to sit on their butt all day exloring forums.

Soo many conradicting thoughts/ways/blah in this lifetime.

Anyways... pics/info of the sw20 please.

P

·
0 Posts
See my 88 na. bought it in march this year for £1800. It's in mint condition, done 90K, and preowned by a toyota mecanician.

Full service history, and had quite some money spent on it last year, new cam belt, head gasket ect.

Oh I also had the old stock alloys with tyres fitted, thrown in as well, it's currently fitted with lexus alloys.

Dont know how but it returns around 40mpg on a run.

T

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the I-used-to-have-a-modded-mk3-but-I-sold-it-and still-hang-out-on-the-forums club. We should start a support group.

Don't worry, as much as you miss driving the car, you won't miss wondering about your oil level, blown headgaskets, high insurance rates, people scratching it, People wanting to ride in it, gas prices, safe parking spots, huge turn radius, girls looking your way to see what the fuck that tank is....

Damn it..I miss it now.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Bittersweet congratulations! I'm happy for you that it sold, cause I know how frutrating the market is here in BC right now. You did a good job on your beautiful car.

·
Ghetto Rigger Supreme
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Turbo Johnson said:
Welcome to the I-used-to-have-a-modded-mk3-but-I-sold-it-and still-hang-out-on-the-forums club. We should start a support group.

Don't worry, as much as you miss driving the car, you won't miss wondering about your oil level, blown headgaskets, high insurance rates, people scratching it, People wanting to ride in it, gas prices, safe parking spots, huge turn radius, girls looking your way to see what the fuck that tank is....

Damn it..I miss it now.
No doubt lol, a few of the ladies have told me my car "sounds funny" and Im like... yaaaaaah I know, but it keeps running so I dont care haha :p.

Some pics of the 2, 170k km, so like 110k miles? Runs real good, pulls strong. So far for performance I've got a evc iv, hks hiper exhaust and a hks super mega flow. Got a set of tein lowering springs and a set of volk gt-n's in gold. Painting it in the next few weeks, should look sharp :).

Here are some pics.

Real clean car,

thanks again guys! :)

·
Ghetto Rigger Supreme
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
purple_car said:
Bittersweet congratulations! I'm happy for you that it sold, cause I know how frutrating the market is here in BC right now. You did a good job on your beautiful car.
Hehe thanks man, wanna do me a favour? lol... If you see the guy driving it around ask him if thats John's old car :p.

Thanks man :)

Johnny

1 - 20 of 21 Posts