Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***UPDATE 10/23/05***

A dedicated thread has been started for sales of the lighters. Please search in the "For Sale: Parts, etc." section. Thanks!



ORIGINAL POST:

I tried a search but came up with nothing. I was wondering about this lighter. Anyone know anything about it? Is it a real Zippo? Where can I get one? How much is it? Thanks.











EDIT: If you've been keeping track of this thread, you'll all know I've worked long and hard with everyone to get these lighters to market. Now I've finally done it. Here are some pics of the lighters:

Front:


Back:


The lighters are $20 each.
Shipping is $2.50.
If you buy two on the same order, the second lighter will be 10% off
Each additional lighter please add $1 for shipping.
For example: Two lighters would mean ($20+$18)+($2.50+$1)= $41.50
Shipping should take about 7 working days.

Please send payments to: [email protected]

Please use this format:

Forum name:
Real Name:
Shipping address: (if different from Papal)
Email: (if different from Paypal email)

Thanks for everyone's interest.

Questions and comments are welcome. Problems with orders can be dealt with through PM or email.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
BoostAddict said:
I tried a search but came up with nothing. I was wondering about this lighter. Anyone know anything about it? Is it a real Zippo? Where can I get one? How much is it? Thanks.

They sell those on eBay, but I don't know if it's a Zippo or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea, I tried to find it on eBay, but the searches didn't come up with anything. I'm thinking of making a few of these lighters, except instead of the Supra car pic, I'd put the TRD logo on it. Don't want to alienate the MKIII peeps you know. How does that sound to you guys? Any interests?
 

·
shotaro kaneda
Joined
·
2,048 Posts
here's the story as far as i know, there are a few companies in japan and the US that have marketed engraved zippos with everything from the supra to the S15 silvia. so they are in fact real zippos but they are not sold by the zippo corporation. think of it as an aftermarket zippo. however there are also a few companies out there who have taken generic gas lighters and had them engraved with supra and GT-R emblems and such; so not every "supra zippo" you're going to come across is an actual zippo.

:dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,741 Posts
BoostAddict said:
Yea, I tried to find it on eBay, but the searches didn't come up with anything. I'm thinking of making a few of these lighters, except instead of the Supra car pic, I'd put the TRD logo on it. Don't want to alienate the MKIII peeps you know. How does that sound to you guys? Any interests?
I liek the design above with the MKIV. Mabye make some with the III and II as wll tp lease everyone. Say like 50 of each and see how good they sell. If they sell i say make some more of them. You have my promise to buy a IV lighter or whatever Supra lighter you decide to produce.
 

·
shotaro kaneda
Joined
·
2,048 Posts
Wilks said:
YEAH! put one on your saturn too!
i just want the lighter to add to my GT-R memorabilia, not so i can pose and floss like i have a GT-R.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

that and i plan to acquire an R32 GT-R within the next 5 years. :)
 

·
Nautical Blue MR2T
Joined
·
1,520 Posts
You should count on mostly sales to MKIV owners. Im in the general "MKIII price bracket" (even though Im getting my MR2 Turbo tomorrow) and I'd have to honestly say that with my tight budget, a what; 30?, 40? dollar lighter is kindof at the bottom of my list of things to have heh... I could spend that on a paint repair kit, or or some fixaflat, or seat covers, or gas, or insurance, or... yeah haha.

But I do agree they are pretty sweet!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If I make these lighters, these won't be real zippos. I can always stamp the bottom with the Zippo logo, but I don't want these lighters to be something they aren't. I consider them more novelty items. As for the price, I'll try to find a good balance for everyone. If there is a high enough demand, I can always order more to cut down costs. Therefore, I'm only going to make one design right now that can try to please everyone. Who doesn't like TRD right? And also, the car pic is way too detailed. I need to keep this product low cost. More input is welcome.
 

·
2005 LP640
Joined
·
930 Posts
BoostAddict said:
If I make these lighters, these won't be real zippos. I can always stamp the bottom with the Zippo logo, but I don't want these lighters to be something they aren't. I consider them more novelty items. As for the price, I'll try to find a good balance for everyone. If there is a high enough demand, I can always order more to cut down costs. Therefore, I'm only going to make one design right now that can try to please everyone. Who doesn't like TRD right? And also, the car pic is way too detailed. I need to keep this product low cost. More input is welcome.
How about the toyota symbol on the bottom of the lighter on both sides, and then have the 3rd gen supra font on the top section on one side, then the 4th gen supra font on the other side? You've got both gens covered, and a nice lighter at that.

I would also buy one. Start a list?

1.) 87turbosupra
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Yes, starting a list can help me get an idea of how many to make.

I'll see if I can incorporate the MKIII logo, but I can't make any promises yet. If the MKIV logo sells well, I can make another batch with the MKIII logo. Keep the ideas coming! I hope to have a prototype of my original idea within the next couple weeks.

Anyone have a pic of the MKIII logo?
 
1 - 20 of 148 Posts
Top