Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well....
First let me thanks everyone who came to this event to help make it happen....
Thanks to the Vendors...Thanks to Texas Hot Rods, Xtreme Motorsports, Intense Motorsports, WOTM.com, AMP Performance, Xpose Magaine, Power 92.3, Univision TV, Saad N. Saad for making it there and all the folks that I am definately forgetting!

Second, let me rant for just a sec....if you EVER, EVER plan on throwing an event and take the challenge of doing so with only 5 weeks of prep time, you have got to be out fo your mind!!!!! We usually get thing ready from 8 months to a year out, we took this availabledate with only 5 weeks, and let me tell you, it is like having someone pounding nails though through your testicles, I am so glad it is over... We had anticipated about 1200 folks...we were ready to take the loss just to be able to promote a little out west...we were happily surprised to see 2500 and change throught the day that day...so the biggest thanks goes to you all...THANK YOU!
Folks told us that AZ and the west in general is probably the toughest place in the country to try and get and event to be succesful, and you all know how much we like a challenge so we took it and did better that we expected there...but it was insane and crazy. With our luck as well, we just happened to hit the damn hottest weekend of the year and eveything had to be pushed back hours..thanks to you all for the patience...we don't wasnt folks running on a greasy track, safety is the number one concern! and we are all fucking sunburned as well! Now we just got to do this all again in 3 weeks in Oklahoma city...but that is fine, we have had wuite sometime to get this one on the bag!

One more thing we'd like to mention...there were a few folks that looked a bit confused seeing mustangs, Camaro's and Supras (some other quick imports as well) all in the same lot...they were looking for the snazy booths and were not used to looking at booth with hard parts available and all these differant types of cars there...that is becasue we are not about just looking good, we like to race, set records and go fast...PERIOD, this aint hot import nights boys, we are here to get down and nasty, you wont find too much cute shit with us...just records falling and setting standards for racing with REAL street cars...period, something EVERY other organization has been neglecting from day one...we will also provide you with stout conpetition both import and Domestic, we dont make it easy for you or for a major sponsor, it aint about them, its about the racers, you might find yourself next to a small block chevy shotting a fogger system at it...just like woon did this weekend, you better be ready for it becasue they are..this is where real men show thier nuts, become pioneers and thier names are noted in history....show what you are made of!!!

Now, if I had written a script with cars in the Pro class, i wouldn;t have written it any better!!!! Unfortunately, the imports did not have a good showing in the Drag radial class..this was dominated by the muscle cars (and trucks beieve it or not), but let's start off wth Scandalous Pro 10.5...

We had some very cool cars break in qualifyng, like Stacy's twin turbo LS1 Vette, and Saad Seemed to be running badly, possible rear end issues???I know he sanpped the drive shaft on his first run but get that fixed....I have to give it to Saad for never quitting and getting the car back up every time and being a never say die competitor, but it was wat it was as Saad says!!!!He went out in the first round however to Avoided Z28's 9.20 run, Saad looked to be runnign one legged on that particular run...dont know if it was a rear end issue, but he spent the rest of the day trying to get it figured out, but I think he only got 2 good passed in, a 10.20 and a 9.90 I belive, I am not sure though.

The Pro 10.5 class is a class run for domestcis, period, mustangs at that!!!!There has never been an import that has ever tried to compete in such a class, an if they had ti nuts to , they probably wouldn't be allowed to!!!!!
Well, we had some nice Supras' step up to the plate!!!!5 of them!!!!!!all Pioneers and history makers and I comend them all for thier heart and courage.....that in itself is a historical first!!!!

well, the muscle came out and did well with the rules in place for this class....the rules proved to be good as this was an extremely competative class!!!!
but who could ever guess the the Supra would make it past the first round and interesting???

The Semi Finals were 2 chevy's, a blown Iroc and a Nitrous powered Nova, and Mako D and Ryan Woon..in the semi's..
Woon Runs agains the blown Iroc..the Iroc leaves better snatching up the tires, Woon starts to reel him in, Iroc gets a little sqirly, get back in it, but too late to catch Woons MPH....Woon to the finals.

Marko D vs, the Nitrous Powered Nova...not Mako has been street racing with us since birth, so you know we are not getting gated by anyone, we gate him NASTY...the trottle cable breaks on our Supra..the nova wins by a samll margin, the supra only ran 1st and just a part of 2nd, so that tell you marko was on a hell of a run!

Finals...who in the hell would have even thought this possible???Especially snce we did have ANY SLOUCHES Pro 10.5 , a a field that wasnt huge, they were all fast..just to give you an idea, if we had to ump cars out of this field based on average, the bump would have been a 10.40 with 10.40 being dead last in the field...all the cars were very competative and very fast!

Anyhow, the impossible happened, it was time to see, can this really happen???
Woon Gets to the line, the nova get there, the nova does a good John Force burnout...time to try and distact and intimidate woon???I dont know, possibly...maybe it was working, as i walk up to Woon to let me know what he might be able to do, he says//and I quote him (sorry Ryan) "hey Pete, how Much does second place pay???" I said, I dont want to hear that shit, get out there nad make history man..and that is just waht he does against a fierce competitor...the Nova gets out of the hole bteer and starts pulling a head through the 1/8 mile and i figured, the Supra guys did great, but I had exp[ected the muscle cars to win i must admin....them Woon guns him down on the big end to take the win!!!!!! Un Fucking real!!!!it was cool as hell and well desreved!....Ryan does have a bullseye on his back now, the Oklahom event is in three weeks, if ryan can come a defend the crown....alot of these guys are looking to take him out, alot of the import guys have thier hope on his shoulders now!!!!! this should get interesting!

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Pete, congrats on the great event!! How many tech cards did you hand out? Lar was under the impression that there were about 25-30 cars racing...
Peter

·
Registered
161 Posts
I heard that you guys will be allowing 15" tires next year if you hold this event? Is this true? That will open the door to the real fast turbo stangs then :bigthumb:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Rippy said:
I heard that you guys will be allowing 15" tires next year if you hold this event? Is this true? That will open the door to the real fast turbo stangs then :bigthumb:
We will continue to evaluate all class rules, and listen to the feedback we get from the community. We are all about the racers, and they will get what they as a majority want. If we can find a way to allow 15" drag radials without letting the mega-money 7 second cars run away with the class, we will do so. Remember, this is not about watching the show... it's about being PART of the show :D

Matt
Scandalous South

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Peter, thanks again for putting on such a great event in only 5 weeks! I can't wait to see the coverage and the DVD you're going to put out!!

I admit, I did ask what second place paid. I wasn't too sure I was going to beat the Iroc that went 9.1 or the Nova that was running low 9's all day. It was great to run some nasty automatic domestic cars to my factory 6spd Supra! I'd love to do it again!

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
The look on Sad's face when I pulled up next to him in Tech was PRICELESS:) A look of "I can't F-ing believe it"...

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Let's try this again... How many cars tech'ed?

houstonT said:
Pete, congrats on the great event!! How many tech cards did you hand out? Lar was under the impression that there were about 25-30 cars racing...
Peter

·
Registered
50 Posts
WOTM said:
The look on Sad's face when I pulled up next to him in Tech was PRICELESS:) A look of "I can't F-ing believe it"...
No sir, I must disagree. The look on Saad's face when you pulled up was great, but the look on his face when one of my friend's pulled out a wad two inches thick with hundreds, casually peeled off twenty C notes and said to Saad "I have two grand on the kid"... now THAT was priceless ;)

·
Registered
161 Posts
So what kind of races went down in the Street Racing event at the end? Any grudge matches?

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Sounds like a great event.............again like I've said in 2 threads and a PM before this................CONGRATS RYAN!!! :) Now you will have to go defend your crown ;)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
What were Marko's best times from the event?

·
Premium Member
11,271 Posts
Trans Am WS6 420 said:
The best time that lit the boards was his last qualifying pass. Somewhere around 9.19, I *believe*, but I honestly would have to doublecheck...

I think you are right.... he did run a mid 8 on the last pass racing that Nova.... but the clocks were off.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts