Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone! I was just starting to get into this community about 4 years ago when my Supra went Tango Uniform and I've only recently gotten it back :) Anyway I remember there used to be all sorts of meets up in the North Fulton area, Andretti, etc. (when EricV used to work there) and I read the stickythread about Atlanta meets and all the follow-ups about how that thread isn't really used anymore heh

So, are there still regular-ish meets at Andretti or around ATL? I'm looking forward to getting back involved with the scene and finally showing off the 4 year project car that many (including myself) were doubting would ever happen.
btw, just because it took 4 years dosen't mean it's the mega ultra supra to kill all others hehe it's just a regular single conversion that took forever ;)

anybody in Roswell/Alpharetta already feel free to pm or email me (will at etn.fm) I take all the excuses I can to go driving so I'm always down for kicking off to grab a beer or something :)

cheers!
"the other" Will

·
Track Junkie
1,581 Posts
Welcome back to Supra community! We haven't had much meetings these days probably because there are too many events right now during summer. The old days at Andritti was good. Hopefully we can get enough Supra owners again sometime this year to have a meeting like it used to be.

·
Banned
220 Posts
i usually get together with a good variety of cars around the gwinnett area... pm me with ur number and i'll call u the next time we roll out somehwere... how much power u puttin down?

·
bimmer girl
1,796 Posts
Yeah We try to have supra meets every few months.. I organized a few last year and they started at 8 supras and even got one as big as 14 supras.. I was thinking of maybe trying to have another one at the end of this month or begining of next month...

·
What?!
2,107 Posts
Well welcome back! We have meets every now and then but to be honest not many people ever show up. We've had them at Andretti, the Varsity and Malibu Gran Prix before.

Can you post some pictures of your car when you get a chance? I'd love to see it. Besides, I'm much better remembering cars than names. :)

Patrycja

Oh, and I sometimes hang out wtih the Seloc guys. They're having a meet next Friday I think.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
hey thanks for the replies everyone! the old days at Andretti were cool, I especially liked them because I live less than a mile from there but I only made it for like two before my motor blew up and I couldn't bring myself to go to supra meets in my civic ;) plus my buddy that got me into Supras defected to Firebirds for a while, (V8's.. bah) Eric quit Andretti, I didn't really know anyone but now I've got my baby back so I'm automatically in the club, right? ;)

Ticaliz: not sure exactly, the turbo is a T66 but it's not tuned yet running just off the wastegate, I have a boost controller and some tuning time @ Dynolab so I should be getting some concrete numbers soon. I'm not a dyno junkie I'm not trying to eke out the highest numbers possible, I just want a wicked fast street car. Hopefully by the time of the next meet I'll know :)

Ren I'm down! I'll keep an eye out for a thread here, like I said I like like 1 mile from Andretti so I can head up there anytime. I work a normal 8-5M-F job but the meets were usually on weekends anyway

Patrycja I remember your name from when I used to post on here years ago (under a different name.. gotta love my 2 post count lol) that's a pretty unique spelling for that name :) My car LOOKS nothing special, it's just black/black with stock rims... I decided to put all the money under the hood instead of on the outside, going for a sleeper supra kind of thing. I mean it's got a little ding in the windshield and a few scratches... I call it personality, some may call it miserly :) I do have one rather amusing decal that I think will set me apart but I'll save the suprise hehe
Next Friday I'm going camping for the weekend but don't give up on me yet! Don't you have a boyfriend that has a supra or some other wicked sports car too?
EDIT: saw your MySpace page nifty! send u a friend request :)

look forward to meeting everyone soon!

·
What?!
2,107 Posts
Hey! Yeah for sure, send me a friends request! I'll add ya. :) Yeah I'm loving the 2 post count! Ha ha ha Dont' worry, it's taken me years and I mean years to bring mine up. I don't really post on here that much. Thanks, yeah my name is spelled a little different, I'm polish by the way.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with putting your money into the engine as opposed to the outside. That's what I did first. I like having a good looking car but it does me no good if she's not fast enough. :) I have a ding in my windshield too! I've been thinking about replacing it but then it's just gonna happen again. So I'm gonna leave it until it gets worse. Well now you've got me wondering what this decal is! Not fair. I guess we'll just have to meet up one day.

Too bad you won't be here next friday. I'm off to S.C. for the beach this weekend. Totally excited! I need a break from school. My boyfriend right now drive a silvia and all motor civic hatch. He used to have a blue M3 that was awsome. It was that avis blue color or whatever and it was stunning.

If I hear of anything going on I'll let you know. I don't have my car right now. My tranny is currently getting a fix. :)

Look forward to seeing you.

·
evil will always triumph
2,226 Posts
whats up dude.... im in the roswell/alpharetta area :) so hit me up some time..... i just got my supra back on the road again too!! even though im still having problems with it :(

welcome back :) hope to see ur ride around town :)

chris

·
kaboom
42 Posts
TicaLis300 said:
i usually get together with a good variety of cars around the gwinnett area... pm me with ur number and i'll call u the next time we roll out somehwere... how much power u puttin down?
dan - how are you not in jail yet?

·
Banned
220 Posts
somguy2u said:
dan - how are you not in jail yet?

lol... good question...

here's a good answer...

im 30 and i dont drive like a complete jackass.. im actually very aware of my surroundings at all times... can't say that about everyone else.. haha

·
Banned
220 Posts
but dont worry.. if it isn't the po po trying to get you.. it will be the car gods... and they have definitely shown me their rath....

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hey Dan hit me up the next time you are heading out in the IS. My buddy w/ the rx7 wants to come check out your car sometime soon. I need to take you for a spin in the supra and I've still got those rods/pistons if you need them.

supraman741 - Someone said you called me a cocksmoker on some other forum. Not sure why? You called me out when your car wasn't running and the first thing you said to me the only time I can remember meeting you was how much power is your car making. Sorry if I came off as a dick, but that question gets old real quick along w/ callouts from people with cars that are down. Best of luck w/ your supra hope you get it running properly.

Later,
Clark

·
evil will always triumph
2,226 Posts
Projectmk4>R1 said:
supraman741 - Someone said you called me a cocksmoker on some other forum. Not sure why? You called me out when your car wasn't running and the first thing you said to me the only time I can remember meeting you was how much power is your car making. Sorry if I came off as a dick, but that question gets old real quick along w/ callouts from people with cars that are down. Best of luck w/ your supra hope you get it running properly.

Later,
Clark

yes i did...... every time i have met you.... around 3+ times you have either blown me off cause you think you are tooooooo good for other people or who knows.... but so far every time i have tried to talk to you and meet you you have been a strait up dick.... now maybe i have just caught u on bad days and what not so what other impression am i suppose to have about you??

also i have never called your car out? i know your car makes alot more power than mine.... maybe one day once its tuned and running right ill call you out but 4 now im ok......

and i understand the thing bout getting asked bout the HP of your car all the time, but thats not the only thing i have tried talking to you about....

anyways..... maybe next time we meet it will be on better terms...........

chris

·
Banned
220 Posts
Projectmk4>R1 said:
Hey Dan hit me up the next time you are heading out in the IS. My buddy w/ the rx7 wants to come check out your car sometime soon. I need to take you for a spin in the supra and I've still got those rods/pistons if you need them.

Later,
Clark

yo... hell yeah!! i really do need those pistons and rods... pm me your number, lost all my numbers again... what u guys doing tonight? if he just wants to check it out... its sittin in the garage right now.. probably won't be able to hit the streets till next weekend .... waitin on some parts :( but if you guys wanna stop by, drink a beer... or something... hit me up... im sure i can find a nice run for your fd buddy... wish it was against me though... :sadance:

·
Banned
220 Posts
supraman741 said:
yes i did...... every time i have met you.... around 3+ times you have either blown me off cause you think you are tooooooo good for other people or who knows.... but so far every time i have tried to talk to you and meet you you have been a strait up dick.... now maybe i have just caught u on bad days and what not so what other impression am i suppose to have about you??

also i have never called your car out? i know your car makes alot more power than mine.... maybe one day once its tuned and running right ill call you out but 4 now im ok......

and i understand the thing bout getting asked bout the HP of your car all the time, but thats not the only thing i have tried talking to you about....

anyways..... maybe next time we meet it will be on better terms...........

chris

can't speak for the times you have met clark... but i have run into him several times at various places... from gwinnett to kenessaw to atlanta.... and he's always been a straight up guy.... pretty funny too. haha. he's down to run, bikes too... and doesn't go off talkin smack.. he waits till someone else talks, and then gladly shuts them up.. hahaha... thats the way it should be done...

hopefully the next time you 2 meet.... you'll leave with the same impression i have...

btw... just put urself in his shoes... everywhere he goes with that beast... a 1000 and one questions are asked... i would get annoyed at some point myself..

·
evil will always triumph
2,226 Posts
i have had the 20931840932840932432 questions thrown at me a million times too..... just cause imma mk iii guy doesnt mean my chit is slow ;)

and like i said.... maybe next time we meet things will be cool..... but also put yourself in my shoes..... u try to introduce yourself to some1 multiple times and they give a cold shoulder... what kinda impression does that give you???

chris

·
kaboom
42 Posts
holy drama batman

i say we shoudl grab a burger and some beers together :)

us slow turbo IS people will hang out in the back

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
hehe I have a knack for starting threads that turn into drama, you'll all get used to it :)

I plan on being on good terms with everybody... like TicaLis I too am 30, don't drive like a jackass, and don't smacktalk. At least not to Supras... I have no desire to be the fastest, prettiest, or highest dyno numbers but I have been known to trash talk at american cars... I just find that viper, vette, stang and bird owners are the most fun to piss off because they think their big engines are SO cool and come on.. you all have to know how fun it is to put those folks in their place ;) I was doing that back when I was on stock twins I can't wait to get my baby tuned for the single.

don't get too excited Pat, it's just one little decal that so far is original I hope I'm not a copycat!

hopefully I paid my dues to the car gods and they leave me alone!

anyone is welcome to PM me and exchange phone numbers or whatever. Burgers, beer wings all that stuff sounds great. I'm recently single and extremely 420 friendly so I eat out a LOT... I'm right up the street from the Taco Mac on 92, Slopes & Dreamland are within a mile for BBQ, and one of the best bacon cheeseburgers in town is available from a Greek restaraunt behind the Texaco (is it still a texaco?) right there on 9 between HB and mansell. be happy to show u where ;)

I don't care what anybody says OTP living rocks! :)

btw is anybody big into scanning? the guy that got me into Supras said a lot of you guys had police scanners too, I have a Bearcat Trunktracker but my info is all way out of date I think there's been some major trunk changes in Fulton in the last 2 years, plus I have questions about which departments use what channels so if anybody is also a up-to-date scanner enthusiant let's rap!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts