Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I was just wondering if there are any supra owners here from Puerto Rico... If all goes well i should be there by August. I will be shipping my Supra from NJ to PR any of you guys have any tips or experiences to share...

·
Registered
596 Posts
Good luck with the roads, it always reminded me of being on a old roller coaster. And if u have aftermarket exhuast u are going to b hassled by the cops.

I used to spend my summers there, haven't been in a year or two, so if it's changed let me and the op know.

Where on the island are u moving?

Oh yeah the mountain roads in the small towns are white knuckle driving: hardly two lanes wide(one lane for each direction) no lines to identify were one lane ends and another begins, and they are some true twisties

·
Hardtop Crew
6,421 Posts
Theres a couple on here. I visit pr alot and made a thread years ago. Dnoo if they are still around. Pr has a nice car scene just gotta know where to go. And yea the roads are god awful

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea i was there in january and the roads there are similar to here in Jersey... I am thinking of shipping the supra with DAS has anyone used them before??? I will be staying in the San Juan area so im looking for apts now... Did a search on google and came across a youtube vid of a supra meet that was uploaded this year so they have a few MKIV's but there are alot on MKIII's... Well thanks for response guys...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Not an expert but I Visit quiete often Make sure you have most or all of youre receipts they have strict police searches which they ask for proof that parts are not stolen and so forth I was witness to one of the road blocks they do and took many vehicles from drivers it sucks but helps keep the place semi safe. I been considering moving there and shipping my supra but it would not survive over there.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I am in NYC, but a true Puerto Rican. Yes roads kin the country side are horrible but highways are great. A supra in PR is risky. Out there the racing scene is big. Way bigger than here in the states. If u leave it on the streets it will get stolen. If u are driving through the wrong neighborhood u can very possibly get car jacked. Well if that is not bad enough, yes cops will do random inspections. If they find missing vins or miss matching vins the car will get confiscated.
I live PR and would love to have my supra there, but with homicide rate out the roof, that is a good indicator things are no longer the same.

Good luck.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am in NYC, but a true Puerto Rican. Yes roads kin the country side are horrible but highways are great. A supra in PR is risky. Out there the racing scene is big. Way bigger than here in the states. If u leave it on the streets it will get stolen. If u are driving through the wrong neighborhood u can very possibly get car jacked. Well if that is not bad enough, yes cops will do random inspections. If they find missing vins or miss matching vins the car will get confiscated.
I live PR and would love to have my supra there, but with homicide rate out the roof, that is a good indicator things are no longer the same.

yes and no if you go to the wrong places you will get possibly car jacked or worst but it happens in america too. Racing scene is way better over there for sure sucks on the confiscation of vehicles have seen that go down plenty of times but helps keep crime in check sort of. I also hope that if hes taking his supra to PR it sleeps in a garage and not outside.

To the op If I were you call the dmv over there and ask whats there rules at the moment believe they have a inspection for vehicles imported and they can fill you in on the details of going with it to have it registered I do know theres a taxation..

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well I will def have to find a garage for it... im trying to find out the excise tax on it now... but cant seem to get through the hacienda office... will prob leave my supra for a few months and do some homework on how to get it to pr...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi there !!! Im not a supra owner but i do live in the island.

Most of the things said by other people are true. Theres a healthy community in the island of supra owners. Lots of supras modded in the 400 to 800 + whp. I've know of one that is street driven th400 t-88 that have gone 9:[email protected] 150mph+. About the murder rate it is true but is mostly between drug cartels and mafia stuff (not crazies killing evrybody in their path). You should get a garage for the car mostly because of weather (storms, hurracianes etc. ). A supra is not likely to be targeted by thieves since it is a pretty rare car in the island, car thieves tend to go for your typical HONDAS, Acuras, Mitsus,toyotas etcc..... since there a lots of them (seems to happen also in the states.

Car scene in Puerto Rico is freaking hugeeee. We have 4 active drag strips (3 1/8 mile 1 1/4 mile). Salinas is the 1/4 miles is open on Mondays, wenesday ans Saturdays. Ponce mechtech track has Auto-X and circuit racing every month and tons of car shows. Also 4x4 and ATV are big in the island !!. HECK everything gas, diesel with wheels, props etc... is huge on the island!!

So Welcome my friend!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^^Yeyo thank you for the response... should know by July if i get the position... ive been trying to get a hold of the hacienda office to get an estimate for my supra... I checked the website and put my info and vin# but cant get an estimate off it...

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have a house in Bayamon and be prepared tp keep your car washed everyday. The salty air eats metals for breakfast. Also stay away from small towns, their streets are murder on your suspension.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.