Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few runs with the 2JZGTE MGB GT @ 20 psi. Brake boosting gets the front rotors glowing towards the end. In the first video with the Cobra and one of the runs with the Vette I forgot to shift it into drive, out of second, once I launched so it hit the rev limiter @ 7300 and quit pulling, oops, my bad. The Cobra and the Vette are doing the honking in all videos so I have to play catch up most of the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dElzt5RRle4

·
Tartan Pimpernel
230 Posts
that`s crazy!!

what`s that MGB GT weigh ?

-c-

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The car weighs 2480 lbs. The specs are Jspec 2JZGTE, 76mm turbo running 20 psi, HKS 272 cams, 1000cc inj., SP intake, BL Toyota trans, 3800 stall, Alston backhalf w/4 link, 9" Ford and lots of other fabrication too numerous to mention. I'll take it back to the dyno in a while to up the boost, should be a little faster then.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
The car weighs 2480 lbs. The specs are Jspec 2JZGTE, 76mm turbo running 20 psi, HKS 272 cams, 1000cc inj., SP intake, BL Toyota trans, 3800 stall, Alston backhalf w/4 link and lots of other fabrication to numerous to mention. I'll take it back to the dyno in a while to up the boost, should be a little faster then.
Cool car. Get the boost up and you will feel a BIG difference in the car. 20 lbs of boost isn't even getting the 76 into the sweet spot of that turbo. Then you wont need to brake boost! :agreed:

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Steve's MG is by far the coolest Supra 2JZ Swap ever.

Steve you need some brakes:)

Get some bigger tires and 40psi on some good gas and go run everyone again....

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I do need brakes. The front end on the MG is stock including the brakes. Wilwood makes some for my car for about 1400 dollars, so, it'll have to wait for a while. 40 psi! I think that would probably kill the tranny, maybe 30-32 though would be nice.

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Yes, I do need brakes. The front end on the MG is stock including the brakes. Wilwood makes some for my car for about 1400 dollars, so, it'll have to wait for a while. 40 psi! I think that would probably kill the tranny, maybe 30-32 though would be nice.
I know a tranny that would take it.... and it has 6 gears:)

·
Dont let the name fool u
496 Posts
Steve's MG is by far the coolest Supra 2JZ Swap ever.

Steve you need some brakes:)

Get some bigger tires and 40psi on some good gas and go run everyone again....
Assuming its built ?? I wouldn't trust 40lbs through a 76 with stock internals, I mean it could hold up but I don't think it'd last long an certainly not the risk taking

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've never had a fast car with a stick, plus the wheel base is 91", could be a little squirrely. Then I'd have to start a company and call it PTM ( Part Throttle Motorsports):)

·
Tartan Pimpernel
230 Posts
they`ve a ton of those cars here in the UK, never thought about using one as a sleeper.

some very nice custom work there, nice to see someone doing something a little different!

V8 swaps are pretty popular in the UK for the MGB`s - http://www.mgcars.org.uk/v8_conversions/rogv8.html

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,246 Posts
i cant imagin how fast that thing will be on when boost is up.

Damn.

My supra really needs a diet...

land tank full steam ahead!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts