Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Supra currently has a little over 76,000 miles, I have had it for eight months now. So far, no problems. :) When do you think I should start expecting problems?? I'm no automotive expert, how long do you think these babies will last before its going to start costing $$$ to maintain???

·
Registered
532 Posts
as long as u keep up with the usual mantience, turbo time, oil change, check fluids or inspect car on a regular basis, u shouldnt really have to worry about hi dollar problems, unless u seiously mess something up. ok i just read your sig, and notice your bpu, so the only thing that i think that would be an expensive fix would be your #2 turbo goin out, depending on how much boost u run and for how long. my friend pretty much has a stock supra (exhaust/ intake), and its well into the 14x,000 miles, with no problems at all. just take care of her, and she'll take care of you.
later

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I am not sure about the MKIV's yet but before I bought my 98 TT new I traded in a 86 1/2 MKIII that had over 250000 on it and other than the A/C the only things I had to fix or replace was the thermostat and the last year I had it I replaced a valve cover gasket.

Jeff

·
651 Posts
I have a bit over 110K miles on my Supra TT. I bought it at 80K and since then, I have replaced the clutch & flywheel, water pump, expansion valve (AC), starter contacts, valve stem seals (very common on higher milage Supras!) and gone BPU. It is without a doubt the best car I have ever owned. If you change your oil religously and keep up with the car's service it will last well into the 140K mile mark without "major" work. Hell, even my stock turbos are stock and have seen 20lbs of boost for over 30K miles!

knock knock knock on wood.

Thomas Kenyon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts