Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys new to the forum, just wondering if anyone has resprayed their mk4 this colour? i know its the same as the bmw mineral white. ive just dropped my car off to get sprayed this colour. just pulled the trigger on it.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I think he means don't paint your toyota a bmw color lol.

anyway, it does look like a great color -- what was the car before ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah yep. It had the superwhite 040 paint. Was abit rough. Just purchased the car so i went with the absolute zero white. Trying to keep it in the line of a supra still haha

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey Sheldon - welcome to the forums.

Question - what state are you in?

I'm in Vic. I'm about to put my Mk4 through a respray...from factory it was 3L2 Super Red Clearcoat but sometime in the late 90's (just before I bought it) it was sprayed white. When restoring a car I'd normally take it back to factory, but mine has been modified too much - so I'm now at liberty to spray it whatever colour I like.

I'm wanting to stick with white - but as the original overspray was panels only (not engine bay) - I need to do a back to bare metal re-spray. I reckon the colour you've pointed out looks quite nice - I might go and check it out in the flesh at a Toyota dealership.

Am I right in saying its a pearl effect?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Sheldon - welcome to the forums.

Question - what state are you in?

I'm in Vic. I'm about to put my Mk4 through a respray...from factory it was 3L2 Super Red Clearcoat but sometime in the late 90's (just before I bought it) it was sprayed white. When restoring a car I'd normally take it back to factory, but mine has been modified too much - so I'm now at liberty to spray it whatever colour I like.

I'm wanting to stick with white - but as the original overspray was panels only (not engine bay) - I need to do a back to bare metal re-spray. I reckon the colour you've pointed out looks quite nice - I might go and check it out in the flesh at a Toyota dealership.

Am I right in saying its a pearl effect?
hey mate im in melbourne, yes it is but its not a heavy pearl, which is what i was worried about. its the same colour as the bmw mineral white metallic. so also have a look at the m3s and m4s. my car should be completed by this week so i can post up some pics if the suns out haha.

·
Registered
Rejoined
80 Posts
Did you have any frontal views, especially in the sun? The white looks awesome, seems to have some pearl in it also, but not too heavy.

·
From the land down under
4,256 Posts
What sort of respray did you do? Was it a full glass out with new moldings and weather strips etc?

The white looks nice :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts