Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

What kind of symptoms may appear if the fuel pump is faulty?

I get something that feels like missfire, or fuelcut.. under 15psi of boost then I hear it out of the exhaust. But when i accelerate with about 5 -10psi it just feels like the engine stalls just for a half a second, it happens from about 5k rpm up to redline.. I am not able to build over 15 psi..

I have AEM, I have fuel cut at 20psi.
Just changed plugs, ik27
I have changed all coil packs.
fuel filter
I have a AEM C2DI, I know that they often fail, I tried to remove it and run stock ignitor, it still happens.

Lars Ebeltoft
Vardoe
Norway

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
What are the A/F Ratios during all of this? If you're running out of fuel (such as with a faulty pump) you'll see it in leaning-out the A/F Ratio, which could cause the symptoms you're seeing, and which can also blow the engine. But it could also be programming with the AEM or other things. Best get the car to a competent AEM tuner -- without boosting it or continuing to do those things that could blow the engine in route to said tuner. If you're running it up to red line with it misfiring and running crappy, you're lucky if you haven't already damaged the engine.

etcasey said:
Hi

What kind of symptoms may appear if the fuel pump is faulty?

I get something that feels like missfire, or fuelcut.. under 15psi of boost then I hear it out of the exhaust. But when i accelerate with about 5 -10psi it just feels like the engine stalls just for a half a second, it happens from about 5k rpm up to redline.. I am not able to build over 15 psi..

I have AEM, I have fuel cut at 20psi.
Just changed plugs, ik27
I have changed all coil packs.
fuel filter
I have a AEM C2DI, I know that they often fail, I tried to remove it and run stock ignitor, it still happens.

Lars Ebeltoft
Vardoe
Norway

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

My logs says that the afr is between 11,3 and 11,7 but at the moment of the missfire it says between 12.2 and 12.7

The car just sits in my garage, I only take it out when I have changed parts on it, trying to fix the problem.

When I changed the coils it worked perfectly for about 50 miles, then it started acting up again.

-Lars

1 - 3 of 3 Posts