Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I have recently purchased my very 1st Supra 1993 n/a - Manual. Always thought they were overated and wasn't a fan....

Untill now! :) love the drive and feel!!

I have a few problems though...

1. Speedo is faulty - gets to 40 and then shoots up 60. Then when I put my foot down it shoots to 0.

2. There is a rattling noise coming from the boot, I think its the tailgate hinges.. Is this common?

3.Its very very bouncy when I take a bump or hit a pothole. It may be the shockers but im worried it may be something else...

Lastly, its a non turbo Manual, but it feels very quick, I think its been re-mapped. I had an r33 skyline and the Supra feels quicker and yet its heavier...?

Any Help would be appriciated. Many Thanks

·
Registered
476 Posts
1- speed sensor = on the driver side of the transmission the sensor might be faulty. On mine it when driving on the highway speed showed 15mph after a while bounce up to 55 so its probly similar to my problem
2- don't quite understand what boot your talking about... is ur car a targa top?
3 - go outside ur car do the bounce test to see if ur shocks are gone(bounce the front and back if it bounce more than 3 time they need replacing.)
4 - yes our cars is extremly fast next to a geo... lol jk but I don't think you can remapp anything if its on stock ecu

Hope this helps .. congrats on the buy

·
Na-T FTW
250 Posts
#3. It's that hatch. Gotta replace the rubber stoppers. Like $12 total from Toyota.

#4. I highly doubt it's mapped or flashed. Never heard anyone able to do that on a Na.

·
powered down
1,497 Posts
He is talking about his trunk and I am having the same probelm not sure what the rattling noise is.

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
I have a hardtop TT and mt tailgate used to rattle until o got two new rubber bumpers from toyota that sit on the side of the liftgate now no rattle at all. yeah those na are pretty quick. that 2j is a good motor. and your speedo problem is speed sensor. you shouldnt be able to push your car down to much in back mine wont even go down but i have new shocks. but yeah test them and change them. Oh BTW toyota is faster than nissan. lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply - helps alot - The supra is ALOT quicker than I thought, when it gets to 4000 revs its like a turbo kicks in or something.... lol :) I know its n/a though!

thanks for the congrats

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, thanks for the advice -

Done the test and it bounces about 4/5 times on the front left - none on the right hand side... The back is about 4x.....

Im guessing the shocks have been killed beyond reincarnation! lol

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi there!

flashing of MKIV JSPEC NA is possible. http://www.mines-wave.com/
fitted yesterday my super rare MINE'S VX Rom ECU on my supra I imported recently from japan.

spec is as follows:

Fuel mapping has been changed
Ignition timing has been adjusted
Speed limiter cut
Rev limiter raised plus 600 rpm
Mapped to run on 100 octane gasoline rating.

these ECUs are super rare and very expensive - as I'm a complete supramaniac it was definitely worth a buy for me. =)
Will dyno it within the next few weeks, but I really can feel a slight difference when it comes to torque/acceleration within the whole rev range.

If you guys are interested I can post some pics I took while installing it :)

Regards, Herbert

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I don't know what your driving but I feel like I can out run my Supra on a tricycle. Still love it don't get me wrong. Enjoy the car. Soon you'll want boost like the most of us!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know what your driving but I feel like I can out run my Supra on a tricycle. Still love it don't get me wrong. Enjoy the car. Soon you'll want boost like the most of us!
Honestly, someone has done something to my supra, its way to quick for a n/a. I used to have a lexus gs300 vertex, the boost in that was amazing but handling was poor.:gapteeth:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi there!

fitted yesterday my super rare MINE'S VX Rom ECU on my supra I imported recently from japan.

spec is as follows:

Speed limiter cut

these ECUs are super rare and very expensive - as I'm a complete supramaniac it was definitely worth a buy for me. =)
Will dyno it within the next few weeks, but I really can feel a slight difference when it comes to torque/acceleration within the whole rev range.

Regards, Herbert
sounds nice - what bhp are you rolling with now? 0-60?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I as well have a stock NA Supra which is surprisingly quick, even had the same extra pull around 4000rpm you mentioned. I decoded my V.I.N. And found I had a 4.08 gear ratio. Maybe yours is the same? It would defiantly account for your extra speed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi there!

spec is as follows:

Speed limiter cut

Regards, Herbert
Can you just cut the speed limiter and that's how to eliminate it? I have a recently imported 96 n/a and don't want to spend over $100 just to get a part to I guess by pass it. I want it gone so bad haha

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
2010 Lancers aren't really that fast, even the GTS models. Hell, even a mid-size family sedan with 4 cylinder engines can give them a run for their money.

·
Senior
1,484 Posts
Hi there!

spec is as follows:

Speed limiter cut

Regards, Herbert
Is this compatible with a US spec Supra? We may not have the same sensors-couldn't help but notice your & the OP's locations.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.