Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what a 5-speed N/A supra (93-98) runs? 1/4 mile and 0-60? I can buy one right now for $9,000 with alittle over 70K on her. Good deal? I want to be able to at leats be as fast as my current 94 Z28 (13's). p.s. im new to this forum....this is my first post ever. :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've never seen one run but I've heard really low 15s. I would imagine some of them have gone into the 14s under the right conditions. I'm not sure about the weight difference but I've seen the IS300s with pretty much the same power plant run in the 15.30s with an automatic. Gear ratios are different in that thing though. Road & Track has the GS300 at 7.7 0-60 and a 15.8 @ 89.0 1/4 mile but that's an automatic too and it weighs a shit load more I would assume. $9k sounds like a damn good price if nothing is messed up on it, but don't expect it to out-accelerate an LT1 for a realistic price in mods.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they still get up and go but it wont compare to a 13 second Z28 by any means.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea i didnt think so, im mainly just looking for a toned down but still sweet looking and performing car. I dont need anymore tickets :D

·
Senior
1,474 Posts
I'm runnin n/a. No it won't beat or pull like your "big" (these days) 5.6 litre v8. It will, however, be a forgiving handler, get plenty looks, hold value. If you want maximum perfomance, look to fusionSuprA. Note: its not adailt driver anymore. If you want both benefits, get aturbr or a low milage to convert. Enjoy, as I have no regrets myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts