Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I had a question. I'm guessing its possible to tranform a 93 and up N/A supra to the single turbo converion. I was wondering if anyone had any info on that. What is the main difference between the TT's and N/As. So far I just know of the 6 speed compared to 5, and I think the TT has a bigger braking system. If you know of someone that did this, how was the project? Are there any big problems that came across? Is it worth it to try and take this on, or would it just be a lot better to get a TT and work up from there, considering a TT is a lot more expensive? I'm looking at buying a TT or a N/A, but that depends on the whole single turbo conversion on the N/A. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Adam

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I didn't know that you could search for this kind of stuff. Instead of just telling me this, "Oh its been discussed hundereds of times" why don't you be helpfull like this list is suppose to be and at least tell me what to look up to get this info. Thanks and sorry for the new member post.

Adam:(

·
Supra Huntin
39 Posts
i used to own a 97 NA, and was going to upgrade it to single. come to find out tho.. its a long costly process.

You would need to upgrade to the bigger TT brake system, replace the headgasket, prolly want to get better than 16 inch rims.

you can check at www.f-max.com they make a single kit for a supra. but i heard the spring that comes with that wastegate limits it to around 300rwhp, not to say you cant do some work and get lots more power.

There are a few on the forums that have converted but like i said its expensive and takes time.

i would suggest doing what i did which is starting with a TT even if its an older one and then start to go BPU Basic Performance Upgrades. if you dont know what these are.. go to www.mkiv.com and learn some stuff.

I think its better to start with the TT because once you max out the BPU mods, you should be putting down around 450+ rwhp then its time to upgrade to a single, and you wont have to worry about head gasket, or upgrading the brakes ( stock brakes are pretty kick ass)

if you do happen to go with an NA for now, buy a turbo exhaust for it.. so you can later put it on the turbo when you upgrade :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot for the info. Thats a good head start for me. Like I said its so much more for the TT, but it sounds like its worth it. Right now I'm in the process of selling my 2000 Lifted Jeep Wrangler. Once that is gone, my quest for the TT will be on, lol :D . I have some potential buyers but we will see. Thanks again for the info and I will check out those sights.

Adam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts