Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a manual sc300. I have also purchased an na engine from a 1995 supra that has a turbo kit installed on it. It also has the wiring harness and ecu. My question is, will the supra motor and wiring plug right into the sc300 wiring without any modification? Obviously the engines are basically the exact same. I just want to make sure if any changes need to be made to the wiring. Thanks

·
Banned
865 Posts
Why cant you just swap over the turbo components and call it a day?

Unless the supra motor has an upgraded headgasket/bolts you should do that.

However, depending on the year of the SC, the supra/sc motor shouldn't have any wiring issues.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The new motor has a 3mm head gasket and about 100,000 less miles. The sc300 is a 1992 and the motor is from a 1995 supra.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool thanks a lot for your help! Do you have any suggestions of anything else I would need to purchase to make this run smoother and to be able to manage this engine properly? Possible AFC's and electronic boost controllers?

·
turbo lexus pile
488 Posts
while the NA-T engine is out it would be really easy to work on so you may want to make sure the oil return/supply lines are good, check the wastegate maybe install the boost controller lines so its easier to get your wastegate set up once its in the car, check your rear main seal...might want to do an egr block off if that hasnt been done yet...thats all i can think of off the top of my head. if youre going to do any work now would be the time to do it. change pistons/rods...head work...any of that kind of stuff.

·
turbo lexus pile
488 Posts
oh yea and check the oil pans they may need to be swapped...i dont remember.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the help! I'm not going to start the project for a couple weeks, so any extra info I can get until then is much appreciated.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The NA supra and lexus have different harnesses? thats the first time i've heard that. How difficult is it to switch them? Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
aliga said:
you will need to swap the sc300 motor mount brackets onto the supra block.
who told you that? I have Supra 95 uppers and trd mounts in my SC

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also, I assumed the harnesses were the same since the model number for an AEM EMS are the same for both the manual supra NA and the manual SC300.

·
turbo lexus pile
488 Posts
thats right there may be a difference in the signals to the gauge clusters for speed and RPM. SC and supra may have different wire harnesses for this, but im not sure. wow i dont remember what it was, but i tried using something from a supra regarding speed or RPM signal in my SC and it went all screwy. someone told me the signals were different..the only reason i say anything about it. you might be able to leave the SC harness in place then swap the supra engine in and just use the SC harness/ecu.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The supra motor and ecu were pulled from a supra that was a manual and the sc300 is a manual as well.

·
turbo lexus pile
488 Posts
yea tranny's should be same only thing different is the signal to your gauges. the SC uses different volatge than the supra going to the gauges, so it'll read speed/RPM inaccurate. maybe.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
PM Supra said:
who told you that? I have Supra 95 uppers and trd mounts in my SC
Hmm, A local guy was putting a sc3 motor(with no mounts or brackets) into a supra. I sold him the brackets from a sc3 motor, and the mechanic told him he needed supra brackets.

I will have the local guy chime in.

·
On call 24/7
1,566 Posts
Let me tell you this. The brackets and mounts are different. Different angle and design. But You can make adjustments. Meaning...its not direct bolt-on..but you can make it work. From a Supra to a SC is doable..but a SC to a Supra is different. I tried..it doesn't work. Adjustments will be made.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So, the only difference with the harnesses and ecu is that the voltages being sent to the gauge cluster will be different? Would you guys suggest using the SC harness and trying to make that work or trying to make the supra harness and ecu work?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts