Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 supra n/a all stock with automatic tranny and having problems with it. First the engine light and warning light turns on. I check the batteries and alternator and still good. Drove fine for a week then starts to idle very low. Low enough to kill the engine. It also seems like the power is not there anymore. And now the car is not starting. The engine still crank but won't start. If it start it then idle for little bit and lower the idles then dies out. I'm wondering if its the spark plugs or the distributor. I replace a distributor rotor and new distributor but still won't start. Can anyone help me out with this.

·
The Great Kruso
3,875 Posts
The problem is either going to be with the ignitor, coil or the ECU. What happens when you start the car with your foot on the gas?

Kruso

·
The Great Kruso
3,875 Posts
If sometime the cars start if you push on pedal the car choke and then stall. Kruso you think it could be the distributor cap? Cause my cap has some carbon on the blade.
No, it's not the distributor cap, that's just wishful thinking. The three things I mentioned are the three things that commonly go out on the NA Supra. If you need help tracking down any of those parts, I'm sure I still have them sitting in my storage.

Kruso

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have not pull the code yet. I try refresh the ecu by unplugging the fuse and that still does nothing. Is the ignitor the one located on the left side of the engine that looks like a little ecu? You think I can run a 98 Lexus gs300 ignitor on my 93 supra na?

·
The Great Kruso
3,875 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
jump the te1 and e1 connector on either one of the diagnostic box and turn the ignition to on and count many times the indicator flashes.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My car has 195,000 original miles on it. Everything is all original. Nothing has been change just maintain the car. All original parts. nothing has been change all original. 2jz is meant to last but now my won't start. Problem begin when I First install a wet intake that has been dry but not to well and turn on the engine and the car start and then dies. I knew that then and take the intake off. I then drive my car for 2 days good but then my light came on like when my alternate is going bad. I replace my alternator already so I knew and check my batteries and it was drain to 11 volts. I then charge it and drove it for 2 more day and the car start to shut off on me while driving home. I try turning it on but no good. I kept on starting then some how it started again and drive home and the car then dies again. I check batteries still good. Alternator still good. Now car crank but won't start. I check it has fuel and spark but still no start. So far I changed distributor cap, rotor, and distributor it self. I try my cousin used mk3 mass air flow sensor but still no start. I add more gas into tank and still no start. I check all fuse and diagnose the car and the check engine light just quickly on and on reading no trouble. but the overdrive flashes reading code 64. Remember I never modified my car just the intake and tune up. please help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I tried using mass air flow sensor cleaner but no start. I then try the starting fluid but still no start. I try wiping off all my spark plug and wire cause it was fill with fuel and then try to start car with gas pedal push but car seem to almost start with rumbling and smoke but still no start. I'm all out of ideas. The timing is still good. not a tooth is jump off.

any help is welcome.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I tried using mass air flow sensor cleaner but no start. I then try the starting fluid but still no start. I try wiping off all my spark plug and wire cause it was fill with fuel and then try to start car with gas pedal push but car seem to almost start with rumbling and smoke but still no start. I'm all out of ideas. The timing is still good. not a tooth is jump off.

any help is welcome.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts