Supra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
o my fuck! that thing sold for $32,000 14 years ago????? what did vettes sell for back then? I was only 10 yrs old at that time. should have started younger than I did.

·
Registered
199 Posts
zz_denis said:
350 miles? Meh....
How about 106 km? There was a Supra with 106km on the odo, for sale here in Toronto on an auction a few months (years?) ago. The guy wanted $30k CDN for it, and it didnt sell ofcourse. Dunno what happened to it. It was an 87 White Turbo 5spd with burg leather interior :)
I saw that one to, it was in Hamilton, the car was brand new 000, 106 km's!

·
S.T.A.R.S.
260 Posts
whopwood said:
I wonder how long it would take to clean all that dash-cracking grease off of it. Poor thing =/
tell me about it, you can spoon that stuff off. Anyone else notice on ebay's "specs" it's listed as an 8 cylinder? too bad it's an auto, but the paint looks P E R F E C T. beautiful car but i'd hate to see how much his reserve is on that thing.

John R.

·
Registered
449 Posts
that car is very nice by all means...
but is it me or is the engine bay a different color..he said that it was all original paint..
that would constitute a paint job too k place..
but maybe its just the sun....

·
Registered
483 Posts
Looks very nice! Comes with a V8 as well LOL

·
92 TURBO
1,008 Posts
Ckanderson said:
Very nice... to bad it's burgandy... if it was a black 92 with shadow grey interior...................oh girl!

^ I have it! Black 92t with shadow grey leather and all options ( cd w/ 8 speakers, tems, moonroof).

That 91 on ebay will probably go for over $12k in that condition with that low miles. < worth every cent too.
I like the burgandy with grey leather, it's rich looking in burgandy. :)

I'm SERIOUSLY thinking of bidding on it, it's on my ebay "watch this item"
I'll fly into Tampa, pick it up, visit my mom for a couple of days and drive it back to CT with an overnite stop in NC to visit my sister. < see I've got it all planned out already. NOW, all I got to do is win it! LOL That's how I got my current 92t last year. Saw it on autotrader, bought it and flew to Hammond, IN to drive it back to CT.
~ mike

·
B. Aust, PhD, Boostology
49 Posts
Yep, same here.... Black 1992 Turbo with the black leather option package (black leather seats, shifter boot, and console cover). I spent just shy of 3 years looking for this car, flying from NC out to Phoenix to check one out (turned out it had been in an accident, grrrr).... but finally found my current 92T in NC. I drove it to Texas when I moved to Austin in 2002.

My car is no longer stock, but I do love it. Has the 3-in-1 CD player, TEMS, targa roof, 5-spd manual, all the goodies. Also has the HKS 75mm exhaust, K&N FIPK, Apexi' AVC-R boost controller, the original Toyota TDSE alarm system and keyfobs, HKS 3" downpipe, Spearco IC, RT high-flow catalytic converter, TRD stainless steel brake lines, HKS Turbo Timer, TRD boost gauge, A-pillar pods from LoTek, and a Gentex chromatic auto-dimming rearview mirror with digital compass and outside temperature displays.

And recently, just got a new steering wheel in very nice shape :) Needless to say, I love this car :rockon:

Brian

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
HOLY SHIT MODDED OR NOT MODDED THE BEST DAMN LOOKING SUPRA EVER! This is a prime example of HOW GOOD TOYOTA IS!. No wonder why they were 30+K when new! OMG *checks pants*

·
92 TURBO
1,008 Posts
TaSe said:
This is a prime example of HOW GOOD TOYOTA IS!. No wonder why they were 30+K when new! OMG *checks pants*
More like how good Toyota WAS!

IMO, the style of the mk3 is timeless. It still has the looks and gets the looks. It's too bad Toyota doesn't make anything currently that even comes close to looking as good.
~ mike

·
GO OILERS GO!
352 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't color keyed mouldings come only in 1992 for all colors, not just white? I am searching as I type this.

·
Registered
41 Posts
that car is gorgeous

·
92 TURBO
1,008 Posts
supragolfer said:
that car is gorgeous
It is and I'm watching it. It's at $9k now with 8 days left! I'll bet it will go over $12k
The last '91 on ebay went for $14,300 the end of March. It was the white one in Virginia that had less than 14k original miles on it and it was only an NA.

~ mike

·
S.T.A.R.S.
260 Posts
rm777 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't color keyed mouldings come only in 1992 for all colors, not just white? I am searching as I type this.

1991:

Steering wheel changes to a 4-spoke design with SRS airbag (cruise moved to stalk) (Canada Only)
Steering column covering plastic changes to accomidated airbag changes (Canada Only)
Front speakers get updated to 6.5", and get a larger grille
5-spoke 16x7" rims replace the old 16x7" sawblades
Factory sunroof now an option
Subwoofer for stereo now an option (rare)
Square "Supra" emblem on nose replaced with new "T" Toyota logo
Power steering cooler added
All body trim is now the same colour as the body paint
Shadow Grey interior colour introduced (rare, closest to black you can get)
Teal exterior colour introduced
A lot of extra sound deadening material added
Extra coinholder introduced in 1989 replaced with dimmer switch
Heated seats added as an option (Canada Only)
TEMS no longer an option (Canada Only)

Started in 91

John R.

(Credit to Jeff Lange :bigthumb: )

21 - 40 of 82 Posts