Supra Forums banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
92 TURBO
1,008 Posts
supra92 said:
Yep, same here.... Black 1992 Turbo with the black leather option package (black leather seats, shifter boot, and console cover). I spent just shy of 3 years looking for this car, flying from NC out to Phoenix to check one out (turned out it had been in an accident, grrrr).... but finally found my current 92T in NC. I drove it to Texas when I moved to Austin in 2002.

Brian
LONG STORY follows:

^ LOL, I guess I'm not the only crazy Fu%k. I looked for well over a year for a black '91 or 92 turbo. I had an '88 na, sold it and always missed it. Wanted a black turbo with a mint, never been hit body. Found it in Indiana March of 04. Was sold new from Fort Wayne Toyota. I called that dealership, got the service info, ran a carfax on the vin and than set up and paid for a private auto inspection to be done on the car in IN. Report came back great, only problem found was a/c did not work because system was low on R12. The inspector even called me to tell me what a great car this was. He was a former Toyota certified mechanic that now does these inspections for people. He sent me over 60 high resolution pics of the car. All body panel vin tags were present even the one behind the front bumper metal. Car had all original paint and had never been hit. So the pics and report came back and it was a go. I had to move real fast as the owner had another buyer from CA who was offering more than my offer, sight unseen (stupid people) but wanted the owner to set up shipping back to CA. I figured I had lost the deal after spending $100 for the inspection but the owner called me 2 days later saying "you contacted me first, this guy from CA is being a PITA with the shipping, do you still want the car at the offer you made me? (my offer was less than the CA guy). I called Southwest on Wed 3/7/04 got a 1 way to Midway in Chicago for next morning at 7am out of Hartford, Ct on Thursday 3/8/04. I had to work till midnight Wed, came home and packed, tried to get some sleep but couldn't, too keyed up. I got a ride to the airport, got there around 5:45 am for my 7 am flight. No sleep at all since Tues. nite. I had called and gotten Thursday off as a paid personal day as I already had Friday off as a paid holiday (Good Friday). Tried to sleep on the plane as I had all 3 seats to myself. Got to Midway in Chicago at 8:30 am ( 1 hour back from Ct time) than got on the tri state bus that went to Highland/Hammond, IN bus stop where the owner picked me up. The car was mint. He had filled it up for me with premium (all he ever used). We drove back to his house to do the paperwork B/S. He had gotten me a IN 30 temp. day tag to drive it home. People in IN are/were so nice, not like the NE. I had bought a CT plate with me in my carry on bag. < Not too legal but how else do you do this?? We went to lunch, great restaurant ( I got the menu as a memento of my trip) and I started my 760+ mile ride home. It was like 1pm when I left the restaurant in Hammond but soon was 2pm as I headed east. I blew thru IN and OH and made it to Clarion, PA. Saw 3 Supra's on the other side of I-80 in IN alone. I did over 450 miles, it was 8:30pm, been up since and I was beat. Checked into a Microtel Inn < nice and got some dinner. There was a "24 hour" Walmart near the Inn that I went to to buy a 2 pack of 1157 bulbs. As I was about 1 hour from stopping in Pa the rear "Light failure light" came on. < LOL, Changing a rear bulb in the parking lot of Walmart. That was the only problem I had with the car on the drive home. Made it home the next day just before 5 pm. Had so much fun thru PA and upstate NY with the turbo boosting on the long uphill runs to I-84. I Love the car, one of may better moves.
Sorry for the long post, mike

·
Registered
929 Posts
after seeing that car, its hard to believe that my burgundy supra use to be shiny like that. Wonder if its the same paint code??? Is there another shade of burgundy that toyota made for the supra?

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
Damn , i thought my Burgundy looked damn good. that thing is freaking flawless.
Only thing i wish I had is leather and Id be a happy man

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
that is one nice supra, beatiful condition, even the bolster on the driver seat isnt worn out. if it was red with shadow grey leather, id be down there faster than flys on shit. lol

·
I don't want an MK4!
1,727 Posts
Car looks great.

Not real thrilled with the pictures, though.

They should have had consistent lighting.

I think it will end around 12K or so.

Some of you Florida guys should go have a look, so we could could have an opinion other than the seller.

Dan

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
This is probably the OMLY MK3 Supra left on the planet that hasnt had a BHG yet. LOL

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
damn 1k just for leather :)

·
Registered
625 Posts
I would be completly in love with this car if it had cloth and a 5spd. Still is a very nice looking car and is well worth what it is currently at.

·
92 TURBO
1,008 Posts
TaSe said:
damn 1k just for leather :)
^ The window sticker shows an msrp of $1,100 for the "leather-faced seats, door trim and center console cover" on my 92t. The seats aren't even full leather, just the seat & back areas and the door panels have only leather trim on them. It does seems like a lot of money for the amount of leather you got. < must be good leather LOL
~ mike

·
92 TURBO
1,008 Posts
WOW, It's up to $11k with 6 days left! Already has 22 bids with reserve still not met.
Probably go for over $15k. Some of the bids are going up by $1k, so you know there are people out there who really want that car.
~ mike

41 - 60 of 82 Posts