Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mods before Broads ;)
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This morning (5/16/05) one of the local stations in Houston, FOX26, came out to a friend's shop for their morning show.

Here is the background...I am part of a local forum in Houston Houston Performance Driving. It's a site for local automotive enthusiasts. It's a semi brand - all inclusive forum. One of the forum vette members has a scale auto racing shop where they race 1/32 model cars on a GP track, hill climb track, and drag strip (yes he has Supras). He is opening up the shop for an HPD event this weekend and he got FOX to come out today. Below you can see some screen shots. I still have the MVP and Titan stickers on from TX2K5 - I am waiting for some royalty checks in the mail now from Dusty and Nero ;)

All in all it was a blast. It was good to be a part of some positive news coverage related to racing and sports cars. It was even better to get the Supra in front of the camera again.

Here is a pic of Russ talking to the news reporter. I am the brown boy in the background and Casey (BADZ06 on here) is next to me.

Wooooo Hoooooo! The Supra below along with Garret's (G-Z06 on here) C6.

BADZ06's car.

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
Look really fun, Amar, I hope I will make it on 5/22 and see you.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
2JZmadison said:
I mean, it's not really funny literally. But that would suck to be on the other side of the world. Here we are all giddy about seeing a car on tv, and they are over there wondering if they are about to die. :sadwavey:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hua said:
I mean, it's not really funny literally. But that would suck to be on the other side of the world. Here we are all giddy about seeing a car on tv, and they are over there wondering if they are about to die. :sadwavey:
Yeah, I was thinking that "funny" wasn't quite the right word...but I get what you meant, kinda wierd.

·
Very Senior Member
10,054 Posts
Hua said:
Ummmm - I believe the poster was referring to the "slot car racing" reference.
That part was funny, given the topic of the show.
Unfortunately, most of the news crawls anywhere are not funny or good news. :sadwavey:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hua said:
+1

·
Single Turbo
711 Posts
Good catch!

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
Whats going on 5/22 in Houston?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Go Supra, Go Supra, it's yo BERFDAY!! Always nice to see a MKIV on T.V.

·
Mods before Broads ;)
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi-Psi said:
Whats going on 5/22 in Houston?
One of the Corvette owners on a Houston local forum owns a slot car track. He is having a free slot car day for the forum. The have trick Supras, NSX's, Vipers and so on you can race. Those little buggers can rip around the track too. Totally mod-able as well from ball bearing wheels to trick electric motors.

Everyone is welcome to come!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts