Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. The trans is a BoostLogic Toyota auto with a 3800 PI convertor. I have a 76mm p-trim, Greddy header and wastegate, HKS 272 cams, 1000cc injectors,AEM,Sound Performance intake, 9" Ford rear with 3.89 gears, and an Alston 4-link with coil overs. At 18 psi it made 500 at the wheels. I'm currently running 20 psi until I can line up my tuner for more boost. I was able to launch with about 6 psi so it wasn't too doggy on the launch. The line lock is not hooked up to a switch yet so I didn't do a burnout , but , it seemed to hook pretty good. The tires are 275/50/15 MT dr's. Without me in the car it weighed 2480 lbs. You can see the motor and a dyno run by searching Supra MG on youtube.com I got the cage certified a few days ago, but still have a few things to do before I can get to the track. I'm pretty confident it will run mid to high 130's the way it sits.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Nice.. Curious why you didn't go with a TH400? Looks like you are ready to put down some real power. I'm putting in a TH400 in mine right now with a transbrake and a PT 3800 converter..

I like it though. What year is the MG?

·
Registered
780 Posts
With that setup at that weight I would look for more mph then that at decent boost levels.

Very cool!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
(Nice.. Curious why you didn't go with a TH400? Looks like you are ready to put down some real power. I'm putting in a TH400 in mine right now with a transbrake and a PT 3800 converter..

I like it though. What year is the MG?)

I stayed with the Toyota auto because I plan to drive it quite a bit and wanted the overdrive. Also, the adapter for that swap is way out of whack, I was quoted more for the adapter ($2000) than what the BL auto cost($1800). My Supra had the BL auto, ran a 10.37, and performed flawlessly all of the time I had it. The car is a 1966 MG MGB GT.

Are you saying you're putting a 2JZ in an Mg also? I thought I was the only one with a mental problem:)

(With that setup at that weight I would look for more mph then that at decent boost levels.)

Haven't had it to the track yet, I'm just doing an educated guess on the mph.

·
HIGH OFF BOOST
788 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Congrats Steve. Amazing car!

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Nice work!

Why is it that people insist on putting their hands on/pushing cars that are doing a burnout? I never understand that.

Anyhoo, nice work!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts